Day Before The Storm

The morning came, for one, silence. The other, small noise coming from outside their room. Loid basked in the silence, unlike before, no noises of breakfast, and no noises of talking. He got changed, ready for a brand new debriefing of a mission. He was gloomier, but ready for a mission at top shape.

Loid came through the same office door he went through most days, The Handler greeted him," I heard about last night, so our sources were right. Yor's not as innocent as she seems," Loid looked a little hurt after those words," You and Nightfall managed to maintain most of our data, we've also managed to shut off all of The Garden's electronics. They can't access the hard drives, and the files contain just agent information. Nothing they can really use against us. Good work." Loid gave a slight nod," Thank you, we did the best we could." The Handler got up and pointed towards a white board, it was full of plans, layouts, and dates," Now, time to get to the main point. Tomorrow, it's game time. We're assaulting Desmond's compound and ending this, once this happens, the war between our two countries will cease. This'll mean that any spy who would like to retire, they can."

Loid's eyes lit up with a small glimmer," So, after this mission. I can retire?" The Handler nodded," So, make amends, pray, do whatever. Just remember, tomorrow could be your last day here." " I have a question, will you be joining us in the assault?" The Handler shook her head," No, if the mission is a bust we still need handlers to take care of buisness." Loid saluted and walked out of the building.

Maybe I can make up to Yor after the mission is over, maybe after the threat of war is over, she'll see that I'm not here to cause chaos. I opened my heart to that women, and now I can't seem to close it to her. Guess it's just time to embrace it, I can't do anything else.

Yor came out of her room, Elara smiled as she came out and placed 3 bowls on the dining table," Morning Yor, how was your sleep?" Yor sleepily walked over to the table and slumped into one of the seats," Your room is nice. Sleep could've been better." Elara sat down beside her," I think everything will turn out fine between the two of you, just give it time." Yor smiled and gave Elara a hug," I appreciate everything you're doing for us, I was thinking we could do a little hangout before your final mission." Elara let go and smiled," What do you have in mind?"

" I was thinking we could watch a film, maybe go to the beach, eat out for dinner. Something we can all do." Elara shrugged," Hey, I don't have any better ideas. Go eat your food before it gets cold."

I'm gonna try to retire the same time as Elara, I've been doing this job for almost 2 decades. I deserve retirement, maybe I can make it up to Loid once I'm retired. That's the plan, I can even start getting to know Fiona better. Maybe, I can start spending time with Yuri when he's open.

Loid opened the door to Dawn's bar and was greeted with an ecstatic voice," Hey! How are you doing? Did you get the news?" Loid sat down at a table and Dawn took up the seat across from him," About the mission tomorrow?" Dawn nodded," You and I, finally working together again! It's going to be a blast, I've already mapped everything out!" Loid chuckled at his excitement," I do have to ask, are you excited you get to be working with me? Or are you more excited that you get to be on duty again?" " Both, I haven't worked with you since the military. And I haven't been in any action since... what, Rembenia?"

Loid was surprised and started laughing," No way, Rembania? That was 2 years ago! Remember that one girl I was talking about? What was her name... Aleria! She was absolutely crazy, I hated that mission." Dawn leaned back in his chair," I know, you took her out for drinks and she trashed the bar we went to, we got kicked out not even 10 minutes upon entry." Loid calmed down and yawned," Not a good sleep, eh?" Loid shook his head," It's been rough to say the least."