Betrayal and Lies

The trap was set, now all they could do was wait. Wait for the assassins to break down the door, the wait was only minutes but it felt like hours. Silence, nothing but it. Nobody talked, everybody held their breaths without noticing. That's when the silence was broken by a door being broken down, gunfire, and screams. Screams of pure terror, agony, and silence.

4 hours Earlier

Yor sat in her room trying to find another dress, she was getting ready for her mission. A velvet red dress caught her eye and she grabbed it, smiling," It looks so good! For a first time job, needs a special outfit anyways!" Yor slips on the dress and does a little spin, the dress rides the wind like a surfer does waves. Yor smiles and grabs Elara's knives," It's alright, I prefer the grip on my needles more. The balance is also more lopsided than mine as well, but, can't complain. I gave her my word already, have to keep it." Yor pocketed the knives and walked out her room to Loid's room, Loid was also done getting dressed for his mission.

A knock came from his door," Come in!" Yor opened his door and twirled," How do I look? I thought it looked nice." Loid blushed, he stared at Yor for a moment before snapping back to reality," Sorry, I was spacing out. You look really pretty, your dress looks great on you." " Thanks!" Yor left the room giddy, Loid smiled to himself as he continued to set up his armaments and plan to defend the facility. He put everything he grabbed into his suitcase, he walked out to the living room," Good morning you two, how was your sleep?"

Yor kept cutting up onions, Anya gave a smile and a thumbs up," My sleep was awesome! It was so comfortable!" Yor looked up and smiled," My sleep was very good, I feel well rested." Yor looked and saw the cutting board and the onions had tint of red, Yor realized she cut her finger. Yor stopped cutting and washed her hand," Shit." Yor muttered under her breath, Loid walked over and sighed," You should've just kept your eyes on the cutting board." Yor chuckled," Yeah, now look at the food. It looks like somebody gave red onions rather than yellow ones." Yor shut the water off and Loid grabbed a towel, Loid covered her finger wound with it.

Yor blushed and smiled nervously," I got it myself, thank you though." " No, just sit down and keep it from bleeding. I'll cut." Yor nodded and grabbed the towel from Loid and sat down at the dining chairs, Loid started to wash the onions of the blood. The blood stained his fingers," Are you ok Yor? This is quite a bit of blood." Yor nodded and smiled," I'm fine, I've bled more before." Loid smiled," What do you want me to do with the onions?" " Just throw it onto the pan with some butter, just wait until it looks cooked." Loid buttered the pan and threw the onions in there," Are you making eggs?" Yor nodded," Yup, start off our day good. Maybe if our day isn't good, we can think about breakfast."

Loid chuckled," Too bad I won't be here for breakfast." Yor looked confused," Why not?" " I have something work related, I can't miss it." Yor looked sad," I do as well, are you sure you can't just miss like 30 minutes?" Loid shook his head," This is something that can't be missed, sorry." Yor walked over to Loid and played a small kiss on his lips," Stay safe, alright?" Loid smiled and put the onions on the eggs, he grabbed his hat and opened the door," Trust me, I will."

Sorry for leaving so soon, but I have to prepare and strategize further. I will stay safe, that part is not a lie. Trust me, the day will be good. I'll be able to look on this entire day as good, not just breakfast. I'm sure of it.

The building was just as big as the photos made it out be, it was more secure than what the pictures showed. Loid opened the door with a handprint recognizer and walked in, Nightfall was already waiting beside the door," Nice to see you Twilight, thought you would be spending more time with your "wife"." Loid shook his head," I had to worry about the actual mission before anything else." " Of course that would only make sense." Loid laid out a map of the place and started planning defenses for when the time comes.