Chapter 39

Severus knew he had to help the boy yet couldn't risk Voldemort knowing he wasn't working for him. He quickly left the manor and headed into the garden, where he collected his thoughts swiftly and let out a deep, shuddery breath as he apparated.
He saw hogwarts in all its beauty infront of him as he marched through the gates and the grounds.
He made his way to Dumbledores office and got to the gargoyle "sherbet lemon" he said lowly.
The staircase began to make its ascend as severus got on and was whisked up. He barged through the door, not even bothering to knock.
Fortunately, no one was there to interrupt.
"Headmaster-" he started but was cut off by Dumbledore "Severus my boy why are u here at this time?"
"If u let me finish I may be able to tell u" he huffed annoyed.
"Very well" Dumbledore said calmy erging him to carry on.
"It's Draco, he- well- I don't know exactly what happened but Voldemort called me to the manor and we discussed tactics and then he went away. He went to the dungeons. And well- I could hear Draco" he said almost breaking down. He couldn't bare to see his godson like this.
"Please Dumbledore can u send aurors to the boys house? He was screaming! It was horrid to just hear. Please I beg you, I'll do anything" he said.
Severus thought to himself that he truly cared for the boy, just like Lily.

From then on Severus vowed to protect Draco and Harry.

Dumbledore nodded at severus' request, "right away" he spoke. He went over to his fireplace and sent a message to the ministry aurors and then sent Phineus black (who was once a headmaster) to his portrait in the black house to tell the others about the situation.

"Severus if I were you I would go back to the manor. He will be wanting to see you" Dumbledore said his eyes glinting in that mischievous way.

Severus nodded and swiftly went to the fireplace and floo-powdered to Malfoy manor.
He stepped out of the fireplace, shaking ash from his robes. Luckily, for him no one was here, but the screams had died down now.
Curious, he went to the door to the dungeons and opened it gingerly.
He could hear hushed voices in the corner. He silently walked over to the scene hiding by an illusion charm he had placed.
There, he could see Lucius grinning, holding a blood soaked belt and bellatrix with a knife in her hand. Fenrir stood behind them laughing. "What shall we do now?" Fenrir asked them.
"Nothing" Voldemort said, who was next to the three as he walked over to dracos limp, pale body.
"He's passed out, no use torturing one who cannot be tortured." He sneered, a faint grin on his face.
Severus felt fear-stricken for the boy. His body was covered in cuts, scars and bruises.

Severus crept back upstairs where the others met him. "Ah, severus" Voldemort said.
"My lord" he said in a solemn tone.

But, before anything could be said many aurors came inside the manor and began fighting the death eaters and Voldemort. While they were distracted severus went down into the basement to find draco.
He crept over to the boy outstretching his hand "draco?" He asked him.
The boy looked up at him, as tears spilled over down his cheeks.
"Oh god, what did they do to you? I'm here now" severus said as he cradled draco in his arms. "I've got you" he said as draco grabbed on severus robes to face him. Dracos face was covered in cuts and bruises, his beautiful, blue eyes filled with tears and his long blonde hair was now messy.

"Let's go" severus said as he helped draco up. Draco stood up for a moment and collapsed again.
"Im useless" draco muttered crying again.
"Your not" severus said as he picked up the boy bridal style.
He left the dungeons to face several aurors, but no death eaters.
"Where did they-" he started but was cut off.
"Dissaperated, the ministry is trying to find where they are. Take that boy to St. Mungos right away. They will try go to hogwarts or grimmauld place first" a tall man said with a strong physique and messy, brown hair with a clean-shaven face.
Severus looked at the man, "DAMNNNN KINDA HOT" he thought to himself.
"Ok can you get to grimmauld place and get everyone there?" He asked the wizard.
"Of course," he says as he dissaperates.

"Your too weak to apparate so we will go by flop powder ok?" Severus asked the boy. Draco nodded.
"You go first" he says as he helps Draco in and gave him some flop powder.
"St. Mungos" he said clearly as he left in a green blaze.
Severus followed and ended up in a busy room but fairly quiet. He noticed Draco on a bed surrounded by nurses.

"Excuse me" he drawled.
"Oh thank god! Do you know what's wrong? He looks like he's in so much pain and we don't know what happened," a female nurse said with long brunette hair.
"He was attacked and beaten by death eaters and Voldemort" severus whispered.
"Oh dear" she says giving Draco a look of sympathy.
"I'll go get some potions for him" she says as she leaves to another room.

Severus sits on a chair next to Draco waiting for the others to arrive. He held dracos hand gently, "are you ok?" He asked softly.
Draco didn't know what to say, "I don't know" he said as he softly cried again. Severus hugged the boy gently for quite some time.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Been really busy and had my English Lit mock exam, hope I did good!
Please give any tips and advice or ideas you have for this book! They'd be very appreciated!!!
Love u guys loads