Lights camera action

I've been careful.

I knew I couldn't afford to be spotted and Gotham, not yet anyway. I've stayed stuck inside that manor or on its grounds for weeks . Besides that trip to the circus, I haven't gone anywhere, so I wouldn't be recognized as a Wayne.

Just for all of my hard work to blow up in my face.

It's Dad's fault.

He just couldn't leave my things alone. Ever since he saw that blueprint for the portal, he's gotten curious. I know it's different, different than the Fentons or commercial blueprints. It has to be. Working with ectoplasm is different; usual methods don't always work, and when they do, it's not very well. It took the Fentons a lot of trial and error to get where they've gotten, and I commend them, I do, but for me, it's different. There's just something about it that clicks. I can look at a problem and fix it almost instantly .

While I was working on the portals pump, both Dad-man and Tim's bothersome pleas to look at my designs won out. I just couldn't take it anymore. I've designed a lot of things, not just weapons, that run on ectoplasm. For some reason, they thought that my stuff could be " revolutionary" and " part of the next step to achieving clean energy." The next thing I knew, they were dragging me out of the lab with my designs on a USB and taking me to Wayne Enterprises to talk with Lucius Fox.

They had me talking about specifics for hours . Going over different units of measurement, conversions, radioactivity, and cost to produce, amongst other things. Ultimately, I walked out of the building with a contract for a partnership with Wayne Enterprise and Drake Industries.

Under a pseudonym.

Gotta prove I didn't get the partnership through nepotism. I DO NOT want to be a nepo-baby, thank you very much.

Dad, Tim, and I, along with Lucius, are walking out when the paparazzi start flashing their cameras, shouting " Mr. Wayne" and " Brucie." I stagger at the onslaught of lights and get dragged into Lucious' car by Tim. We can hear the shout, " Mr. Wayne! Gotham Gazette, who is that boy? Is Gotham gaining another Wayne?!" through the door.

Lucius puts his hand on Dad's shoulder and leads him to the car, saying " no comment" to anyone in his way. Dad slides into the back with us while Lucius gets in the front and drives us away.

" There goes my anonymity," I groan.

" It's not all bad," Tim says, trying to smile, but it's more of a grimus.

" Maybe for now, but not once Mother and Grandfather find out," I say.

" They're not on good terms last I heard," says Dad.

" Yeah, that means I'm going to be the cause of their reconciliation when they inevitably team up to either grab me or off me," I gripe.

"I'm sorry," Dad says, his eyes shining sincerely, " I hadn't thought they would notice."

I fold my arms, " I thought it would take them at least more than a glance for them to notice that I wasn't Damian. I mean both of you," I gesture to Tim, " and Jason thought I was Dami when we first met, and you see him more than the press does."

Dad gives him an amused look.

" If I may," Lucius interrupts, "While Physically the resemblance is striking, your attire is not. I don't think Damian would be caught dead with a grease stain on his clothes," pointing out the various ones that somehow appeared during our lab visit.

" I guess you've got a point," I admit, sighing, " I'd just rather be introduced on my own terms. Not through blurry photos. How do you all deal with this?"