Chapter 6

𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 clasps his hands together, pleased. "Well, then. If you're both done, I'd like to go home now." He jokes, and Dahlia nods in agreement, cleaning the scalpel. The demon huffs in annoyance, calling them both boring before turning around and awaiting Oliver to accompany him back his 'cell'. As they walk away, Dahlia breathes in and out and takes off her lab-coat, placing it neatly on the hanger.

As she begins to walk away, Oliver runs up behind her. "Hey, would you maybe wanna' go for drinks?" He pleads, looking down at her with big puppy dog eyes and a pouty lip. She chuckles at him, nodding slowly, "Sure, I'd love to.". They walk down the street, where the nearest bar is, conversing politely. They talk about all sorts of things, school, interests, relationships, etc. Oliver, when he's not being his regular weirdo self, is quite pleasant to talk to. He reminds her of Irene in a way, always happy, always making fun. They stop in front of the bar, and walk in, and Dahlia's nose is instantly greeted with the smell of strong alcohol. She cringes slightly, but politely takes a seat on one of the bar-stools next to Oliver. 

"Mike-ay! What's up, man?" Oliver laughs, greeting the bartender as they exchange a childish fist-bump. Dahlia watches them in amusement, resting her chin in her palm. "Who's this pretty lady?" The strange older man, by the name of 'Mike' greets Dahlia. He offers to kiss her hand, to which she declines awkwardly. "This is Dahlia, my new co-worker!" Oliver introduces her, not allowing her to speak. She nods and smiles politely, greeting the man. They order their drinks, Dahlia ordering a simple Moscow Mule, meanwhile Oliver shamelessly gets the most extravagant- and most expensive- drink on the menu. It's so exquisite, it doesn't even have a formal label, and it's called "Mikey's Special". The drink is served in a tall glass, a green olive impaled with an umbrella toothpick floating in the red and green liquid. Mike uses a small torch to light the top of the alcohol, and Oliver laughs in excitement, calling it his "Favorite part".

As they drink, Dahlia turns her head towards him, "So, tell me more about the 'famous Calloway Labs'" She enunciates, leaning her head against her arm. Oliver sighs and begins, slurring his speech "Well~ it was founded by Donald Greene Sullivan, Gerald's grandpa. It got passed on for generations until it finally reached Gerald, and he's not plannin' to give it to anyone, I'll tell you that much." He grumbles, looking slightly annoyed. He continues, "But, there's s-some *hiccup* dark stuff goin' on" He widens his eyes, and looks at her seriously. He doesn't elaborate on the 'dark stuff' he mentioned, so Dahlia is left looking at him dumbfounded. Oliver lazily changes the subject, asking her about school. Dahlia hums and tells him all about it, feeling slightly buzzed from her drink already. As they get increasingly drunk, their bond strengthens and their conversation turns into stupid jokes that leave both Dahlia and Oliver gasping for air from laughing so hard. 

Dahlia's phone suddenly buzzes, and she struggles to read the notification as her vision is blurry. Upon further inspection, it's a text from an anonymous number reading "Come to your dorm. There's a surprise waiting for you.". She furrows her eyebrows, re-reading the text, and Oliver peers over her phone, reading it as well. They both "Huh?" at the same time, and decide to investigate. However, they're both too drunk to drive. Oliver calls out to Mike, requesting a ride to Dahlia's school. Mike agrees, and leaves his shift early after Oliver told him about the mysterious text. The poor-man's scooby gang heads out, and Oliver leans on Dahlia's shoulder as they stumble to Mike's car, laughing as they almost trip over each other. 

Mike plays a song on his car's radio, and they all sing along in drunken harmony, clearly enjoying themselves. As they approach the school, Dahlia jumps out of the car, startling both Oliver and Mike. "Guys, stay here, cuz' what if there's a serial killer" she speaks through slurred words, and Oliver gasps, leaning back into his seat. "Mikey! Mikaaaaay, stay here!" Oliver yells out to Mike, gripping his head-rest and moving it back and forth frantically. Mike and Oliver break out into a fit of laughter, and they wave off to Dahlia as she stumbles off. She nearly walks into the wall, but eventually finds her way through the door. She sings quietly as she roams the empty halls of her school, until she reaches the door of her dorm. She notices the door is slightly opened, and she quietly walks inside. 

To her chagrin, Irene and Dahlia's boyfriend, Finn, are laid on the bed sloppily making out. Finn is between Irene's legs, peppering kisses down her jawline, and Irene is whining loudly. Dahlia freezes up, and covers her mouth as tears begin to well in her eyes. She stays there, stuck in position, watching the betrayal for a few minutes until Irene opens her eyes and gasps in shock, pushing Finn aside. Both Finn and Irene nearly jump out of bed, rushing towards Dahlia. Dahlia lets out a choked sob, as Finn grabs her shoulder, "D-dahlia, what are you doing here?! You're supposed to be at work! P-please, don't- it's not what it looks like!" He stammers, and Irene cries out in the corner of the room, her hand pressed against her mouth. Dahlia says nothing, and pushes Finn aside. He watches her, panting, as she walks towards Irene and punches the strawberry-blonde square in the jaw. Irene cries out in pain, and holds her jaw, and Dahlia screams at her, "How could you?! On the first day of my internship, you fucking bitch?!" Dahlia cries and yells, and speaks between punches. Irene just lays there, staring at Dahlia with wide, teary eyes, and blood dripping from her nostril. "Y-you... Get out." Dahlia breathes in, but collapses to her knees, ultimately giving up. She pushes Irene towards the door and she lands  against Finn's bare chest, they both stammer as they run out of the door.