Chapter 27

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐥𝐢𝐚's eyes shot open and she sat up, panting for air. Pain shot through her body as she did so, and she cried out. She looked around at her surroundings, and she noticed she was in some kind of room. It looked almost like a cabin, the walls were old wood and the furniture was gathering dust and cobwebs. She was laid on an old, creaky bed, with a hard pillow under her head. She called out for help, "Please, someone help me!" 

A disgruntled looking Lucien darted into the room with inhuman speed and breathed out in relief when he saw her awake. "My little rabbit, lay back down." He approaches her, crouching down in front of the bed and giving her a kiss on the forehead. She looked up at him with pleading eyes, "Wha-What happened?" She asked, grimacing uncomfortably at the dry feeling in her throat. He gently handed her a cup of water from the night-stand and watched her drink up every last drop, before placing it back.

"That fucking lunatic shot you." He revealed, and her eyes widened. She shot up in the bed, and he gently pushed her back down into a laying position. "I heard you scream and I ran into the hallway, but before I could do anything, that fucking lunatic shot you. I grabbed you and tried my best to seek shelter, but the only desolate place I could find was this abandoned cabin in the middle of no-where." He continued, and softly grabbed her hand before pressing it against his face. 

"I thought I lost you, I'm so sorry I couldn't stop him in time, I would've killed that fucking bastard if it wasn't for Oliver." He explained, his deep voice cracking. Dahlia smiled weakly at him, "It's not your fault, Lucien. I never should've trusted Selma." She spoke softly, before breaking out into a fit of coughs. Lucien quickly helped her sit up, and gently patted her back. 

"Wh-Why does it hurt so bad?" She panted, and he rubbed her back. "It's because of the gunshot wound, I took the bullet out but it only helped so much." He explained, and she furrowed her eyebrows. "You took the bullet out? With what?" She asked, and then looked down at his hands. Two of his fingernails were missing, and his hands were drenched in blood. 

"I tore my nails out so I didn't accidentally hurt you." He explained, and shivered when he re-imagined the bloodcurdling pain he felt ripping his nails off. Her eyes brimmed with tears and they shortly cascaded down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Lucien. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you, I never should've made the plan to begin with." She sobbed into her hands, the shocking pain only increasing her tears. He grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him. "Don't you ever blame yourself for what happened." He commanded, his voice raspy and threatening. She sniffled in response. 

He wiped some of her tears away before pressing his lips against hers, and then sighing happily at the calming feeling. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He caresses her cheek one last time before standing up. She attempts to stand up too, but her legs are wobbly and she leans on him for support. He chuckles and picks her up, and she wraps her legs around his waist. 

They make it into the small bathroom, and he runs her a bath, checking the temperature of the water. She leans on the edge of the bathtub, and she helps her undress. He peels the bloodied shirt off of her torso, and then struggles to unclasp her bra. Huffing in defeat, he uses one of his nails to carefully tear the bra off. He then crouches in front of her and pulls her shorts down, gently using his hand to raise her leg, before throwing the shorts into the corner of the room. 

He picks her up and gently places her into the bath, and she yelps out as the warm water hits her wound. The water slowly turns red as the blood seeps from the hole, and she wraps her arms around her knees. "You know, in any other scenario, seeing you in a bathtub full of blood would turn me on." He amuses, and she rolls her eyes playfully. Her skin burns as he uses a damp rag to clean around her wound, and she bites back a pained groan. He slows down his speed, and runs the rag across the rest of her body. 

There's something comforting, and relaxing as he washes her. The warm water went from hurting, to soothing her aching body. She wishes they could stay like this, but there's other things they need to take care of,