Chapter 31

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

𝐓𝐡𝐞 two men drove back to the building, and Ryan hummed, "Do you think we should alert the police?" he suggested, and Oliver bit his lip. "Do you think they would understand?" Oliver asked, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "All we need to say is that you witnessed someone getting shot, and that the perpetrator is still on the loose, and potentially dangerous. We have Selma as a witness, too." Ryan nodded. 

Oliver raised his eyebrows, "Smart. So they can arrest Gerald on the spot.", He commented. They made their way into the building, and noticed Selma still there. Her mood seemed to have improved, and she was pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Morning, Selma." Oliver greeted, and she gave him a sad smile. "What are you boys doing here?" 

"We're going to follow the trail of blood that Dahlia left, and hopefully find their whereabouts." Oliver explained, and she nodded. "Is there anything I can do?" Selma asked, and Oliver froze. "Actually, yes." He replied, and she looked at him. "Would you be willing to call the police, and explain what happened? You and I are witnesses, and we have enough evidence." Oliver asked, and she nodded hesitantly. 

"What do I say?" She asked as she picked up the phone and began dialing 911. "Tell them everything, except the part about the demon. Tell them he went insane and started reigning terror on his employees. Tell them about how he murdered your daughter, and admitted to it." Oliver said, and Selma tensed up at the mention of her daughter. As she spoke to the police on the phone, Ryan and Oliver made their way to the scene of the crime. 

"Alright, make sure not to step on the blood. Watch your feet." Oliver advised, and Ryan carefully stepped around the pool of blood. "Do you see those droplets?" The older man pointed to the almost dry droplets of blood. Oliver nodded.

"Follow those." 

They followed the trail of blood right out of the back door, and noticed as the blood became more and more faint as they traveled further into the forest. Ryan took a marker out of his bag and began marking the trees, making sure they know their way out. 

"Alright, we know where they might be. For now, let's go back inside and brief the police." Ryan suggested, and Oliver nodded as he heard the police sirens closing in. 

Shortly, two police cars situated themselves in front of the building. Oliver let them in with his keycard, and began walking them to the hallway where the crime unfolded. "I'm officer Monroe, this is detective Gomez. Can you tell us what happened here?"

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

Gerald looked around, making sure nobody is around, before using a small drainpipe to break the window of a car. It was a random car he found in an almost abandoned neighborhood, and his car was still in the parking lot of Calloway Labs. Gerald was racking up quite the criminal record for himself. He stuck his good arm through the broken window and opened the car door, before stepping inside slowly and attempting to hotwire it. 

After waiting, and waiting, and preparing, he finally had a plan. What the rest of them didn't know, is that Lucien had a tracking chip in his neck. Gerald had inserted it the moment he summoned Lucien, to ensure he knows where he is at all times. He can access the location of the tracking chip through his phone. 

Up until now, he hadn't a mode of transportation to make it to his destination, but this car is going to be the finishing touch for his plan. Too long, he let this situation plague on. Too long, he waited for these people to naturally come to their senses. Enough was enough, and he was going to make sure they're all gone. 

'No witnesses, no crime.' He thought to himself as he mangled with the wires, and his heart slightly panged at the idea of killing his only son, the last remaining family member he has. His emotions weren't going to stand in the way of his plan, though. He made sure of that. He laughed when the wires sparked and the car turned on. 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, grumbling in frustration as he took note of the low battery. He opened the app he used to track the demons, and chuckled bitterly when he saw his location. "The forest, huh?"