Prologue (REAL)

[ ~ Chapter • Start ~ ]

In a tall cliff, an orange haired man in a white suit looked over the horizon, his facial expression not changing in the slightest.

All that was behind him were many, many corpses dissipating from the air, becoming codes that would be soon removed from existence from this world.

They were all from the players who had accepted his challenge of fighting him for three hours straight, boasting the best challenge the players have had since Jormungand, several few World Enemies and the Last Boss Dragon which they all call Niddhog.

And they won, gaining prizes and rewards like actual money collectively for those who have challenged him, most of which were given to the best of the best and those who survived long enough until he was defeated.

This man was the Lord Administrator, Ragna (True Name: Hinoshi Hagazou ) , and beyond that expressionless face, in the "real" world, was a pale skinned man who has had a small, content smile on his face.

Obviously he was dying.

"Hmmm..... My final plans are going well this midnight." He spoke quite happily with a short sigh, yet like earlier, his facial expression didn't change. "Not too well, of course. If it did, then it might fail soon enough. My former colleagues, former soon-to-be dead boss and his megacompany.... in that dying world called Earth, that is my final goodbye, I suppose."

He knelt down and sat at the edge of the cliff, looking at the time at the corner of his HUD.

[9:30:01 PM]

"I can't just be sitting down here, right?" He said, shaking his head and immediately floating out of the cliff. "And I've got to visit the place where it all began: Midgard. Just to spend my last time there, to remember the past of 15 years ago."

The truth is, he was the only person left alive that was still working for YGGDRASIL's progress, though due to his condition, which was him quite literally dying right now, due to a powerful disease, he was no longer capable of updating, calibrating and augmenting the game.

Call him and his fellow developers shitty, trashy, and every sort of profanity, but the truth was, nobody bothered to update the game other than bots who do most of the calibrating and fixes, and the other administrators are here only for the money to get things done through the request of the players finding the world items known as [Ouroboros] , and [Five Elements Overcoming] .

There was another game similar to YGGDRASIL, though it's far more better and advanced because of it's use of the [Parallel Dive Gear] (some call it the Neo Dive Gear), a heavily modified and enhanced Dive Gear. Due to it's insanely rising popularity, and other former administrators flocking to it to gain admin access, Hinoshi couldn't help but admit that it's actually good and not lacking much (he even got the [Parallel Dive Gear] and the game for free as a gift from one of his true colleagues) .

But, his love for YGGDRASIL, this game which he dedicatedly poured blood, sweat and tears and endured pain, in emotional, mental, and physical aspects made him quit the game, no matter how much better it was.

" [Activate: AC2125 World Teleportation - Town Of Beginnings] " He spoke, before his vision blackened and a loading screen appeared before him for a few seconds.