I Rule Da Village Now

A few tens of minutes had passed since they have eaten their meals, and deciding to go their separate ways, Ragna walked out of the mansion while Ninya returned to where her sister was.

When asked, she replied that she was not too used to being in those clothing and that her sister had to be attended for a few hours while he is away.

So he let her do whatever she wanted.

"Right, the villagers. They're not that convinced that I, somebody who just appeared in this village should rule. But that's fine, I'll convince them either way."

It was by far, quite natural for them to be like that. But proving to them that he is a good man that they would trust is not really a bad thing.

He did, however expect them to believe him very, very easily considering the maltreatment Staffan gave to them. Nothing interesting may happen aside from that by now, yet he should at least use strategies early 21st century humans from Earth done to gain trust from them.

His knowledge from the Internet is actually going to be pretty useful this time around! How cool was that!

Anyway, as he approached a group of people that gathered around to have a little chat, some of them had noticed him and sooner enough all their attention was on him.

Their expressions were half-filled with fear, and also filled with expectancy, it wasn't surprising to Ragna.

"If you have any concerns with your living, tell me. I'll be sure to be of help now that under the assistance of the Knight Commander Stronoff, Staffan Havish is about to be executed in Re-Estize." He assured them with a smile he kept for the whole time.

At first, none had the courage to even try to tell him about anything.

With a sigh, he decided, a speech should rouse their spirits.

"I am Ragna Askr Drasil, the Wisest and Greatest Sage of the Far West beyond this continent! And here I see pitiful people tortured beyond measure by some scum, sitting right in front of my like geese waiting for death!"

His voice was clear enough, and spread far and wide, not across the village, but just enough for a large majority of people to hear.

This made several villagers, including guards decide to try listening to him silently.

"You who have been alive for as long as before this Staffan had ruled this village have sacrificed just to live! Now, as I am a kind and just man, your worries will be relieved, your lives will be lighter, and I promise you that this village will become a city rivaling Re-Estize!"

He wasn't done at all, as he realized he should finish it with an almost dramatic gesture, pointing at each of them in such a serious manner that

"You, you, and you, and you, and all of you will be given privilege. Under a few conditions: One, you all shall join hands, being that you help each other at times of need, and two, all of you shall work hard to obtain such privilege. And three, you don't need taxes but you should do your best."

"Am I clear!?"

At this point, Ragna had roused their spirits enough.

Or so he thought.

He saw silence at first, then the villagers started to talk to each other, however they weren't stupid enough to ignore him.

Soon, the villagers yelled out loud, agreeing to be led by him. In fact, they really didn't mind having a leader who would promise them a nice life under a condition that they will only gain privilege under working hard.

This will soon be engraved into their minds, thinking he might be a great leader for them. If not, then they may, once again fall down to the ground in despair.