Opinion of the Theocracy

Inside the Slaine Theocracy's Capital, several old men had gathered together, their expressions full of doubt and worry.

In front of them was Nigun, who was kneeling towards these Old Men, full of guilt and sadness.

"Cardinals, I and the Sunlight Scripture failed you all! I shall accept any punishment you give me!" Nigun spoke, not clearly remembering what had happened to him and the Sunlight Scripture one single day ago.

The tier of the resurrection spell he had been resurrected was merely around Tier 6, and the clerics were lucky that Nigun was revived early on. And due to the drawbacks, it seems like Nigun had forgotten much.

"Calm yourself, Nigun. You were lucky to have been the only survivor of the Sunlight Scripture." One of the Cardinals, Yvon had spoken, although replied sternly: "But we do hope this does not happen again, the Sunlight Scripture is in danger of being dissolved."

Another of the Six Cardinals stepped in, nodding his head.

"We do not know that man, the only information we have obtained from the Thousand Miles Astrologer was that he is capable of using a stronger variation of a 6th Tier Magic, and he is from the land where our Six Gods were." The Cardinal who spoke this was Dominic, though calm, he was doubtful about Ragna's claims.

"The only thing is, can we really see him as a threat?" A middle aged man with books floating around him, also known as Maxmillian said, only for Yvon to rebuke at him sternly.

"Of course, he is! Can't you see how he decimated my Scripture, he was merciless and left none alive! He even knew he was being spied on!"

A small debate at whether Ragna could be considered a threat to humanity or not and if he would be possibly of use to the Theocracy.

It was also debated if the Black Scripture should be sent to him, but immediately lowered it because of a reason that they don't want conflict to happen between them and Ragna, unless he really is a threat to humanity.

And soon enough, Nigun was sent to his home, back to his family to take his time to rest, before more private matters were beginning to be discussed.

The Cardinals took a breather, and thought of something else.

"So what do we do now?" Berenice, the Cardinal of Flame asked, glancing towards the other Cardinals.

"I propose to send a few of the Windflower Scripture to begin their espionage towards Ragna, and gather as much information as we could."

"The Windflower Scripture, where some of its members were killed by the same person? They're also chasing after Windstride, a former Black Scripture member at this moment, is it really the right choice to make them lose focus on her right now for the reason of gaining information on the foreigner?"

"That barely concerns us right now! Their fullest ability is of espionage and information hathering, right? This will be one of their greatest missions yet!"

All the Cardinals agreed to Yvon's request, before they left the room, either Cardinal following another or minding their own business.

Meanwhile, Maxmillan later found himself in the Theocracy's Sacred Library, where the Six Gods have written their books from Six hundred years ago.

Cardinal Raymond had followed him through this library only accessible to them and the Captains of the Scriptures with their permissions, and once he arrived, he found Maxmillan dusting off a book.

"You seem to recognize that man?" Raymond asked Maxmillan, who nodded his head towards him.

"Look here, I remembered reading these books left by out gods a few years ago, and sometimes the Six Gods made references of an admin by the same name of this Ragna."

Maxmillan had begun to browse through pages at immense speeds, before explaining several things.

There were the "Shitty Devs", those who don't truly care about the players (more specifically, people similar to their Six Gods), who made their worlds unfair, ruling like tyrants of different servers.

Raymond: "These servers, what are they?"

Maxmillan: "Other worlds. They have their own Administrators that are the governing force of their worlds. On the other hand, they all sound like brash children the more I read about them."

There was one exception, though.

Ragna, an Administrator with strange origins, being an enigmatic being that most of the time watches their world to keep order.

He was described to be a shapeshifter and a chaotic trickster, casually disguising and acting like an "En-Pee-See" or a "Player", and is the one despised and loved by many players for reasons.

It appeared that Surshana commented on how this Administrator fought waves of 3,000 players, their Six Gods included.

Unknowingly at that point, Surshana the writer of the book Maxmillan and Raymond began to overly exaggerate his experience as the Cardinals began to be truly engaged.

Surshana described the battle as a Legendary battle that was far better than many different raids like on "Ainz Ooal Gown" which was like fighting a Level 120 Raid Boss while you're at Level 50.

Ragna was so strong that he would be capable of destroying Nine Worlds and create it once more, equaling the abilities of the "Devourer of the Nine Worlds" lorewise as he was unable to be hurt unless any one player has a World Item equipped, allowing them to deactivate his defenses for a short while.

It took three hours for the thousands of players to defeat him, he was slain and the living were all rewarded.

"But..... although he has been slain, Ragna has returned?" Raymond asked, in which Maxmillan replied with a grunt.

"Of course, he's possibly the greatest threat, or the greatest hope of us mankind. He was equally kind as he was equally evil, and it was spoken that once he returns, was when calamity shall strike in a decade."

Despite all the texts being considered heretical, the Six Gods, especially Surshana and Alah Alaf had written these books so they could not be considered such. Burning of such books are a sin and that great sin will deny them to the afterlife no matter what they do.

Faking a cough, Cardinal Maxmillan decided he had spent enough time being a booksmart, returning to his political activities as a Cardinal in a short period of time.

Raymond soon followed to mind his own business in the form of political activities.

Meanwhile.....

"Ragna, hm..... I wonder what happens if we both finally meet..."  The Black Scripture's Extra Seat muttered, hearing all about him from her fellow Black Scripture members such as the 7th Seat.

Sadly she couldn't really do anything other than stand guard boredly near the sacred treasury of the Six Gods, playing around with her Rubik's Cube, a thing she still couldn't solve for years.

"Hmph..... The Six old men should've sent us there to capture him instead..." She complained, rolling her eyes once.

Her Captain shook his head at her attitude.

"Orders are orders, Zesshi. We are expected to follow them."

Then, suddenly, as if he was being ignored, Zesshi put her hand below her belly, and rubbed it intimately, beginning to fantasize what was going to happen if they met and he defeated her.

Honestly it creeped out a few of her fellow Black Scripture comrades.

Well, it runs in her family, strangely enough. Except her father was the opposite of her.

[ ~ TO • BE • CONTINUED ~ ]

Next Chapter: Back to Ragna

Author's Commentary: I suppose I'll have to reveal Ragna's alignments now.

And that is Chaotic-Neutral and Lawful-Neutral.

Extra Note:

The Foreigner - A new title of Ragna.