001. 𝑹𝒖𝒃𝒚, 𝑹𝒖𝒃𝒚

What goes to say it isn't some random loser who just thought putting on the mask would be a fun hobby?

Chapter 001: 𝑹𝒖𝒃𝒚, 𝑹𝒖𝒃𝒚

🤍

Blair Atredies was always known to be someone uninterested in living in the past, since her early high school days she'd made herself promises- to stay on top and never rely on a man. Of course she'd stuck to that rule her mother had carved into her skull from a young age until she met him. Billy Loomis. The devil himself. Or at least that's what Woodsboro locals called him. But to Blair he was just Billy. The father of her first born

She wished that night could've gone differently, she really did. But that's not how the world works. She used to think the world revolved around her- and honestly it did but now she wishes she'd never gone to Stu Machers party - she wished she'd gone with Tatum to get those beers, she wished she'd hit Stu harder over the head with that vase she also wished herself and Sidney didn't end up on every newspaper and news channel in the country. Maybe if it had been kept on the down-low she'd still be in control of her life. But when she met her super hot now husband Mark Kincaid things became so much easier, it was like he'd helped take a huge weight off of her chest. He became the ideal dad for Jade, her heart honestly melted every time she saw the two of them together. It only took a year for her to start calling him dad, good thing too because he wasn't going anywhere.

Ruby August Kincaid was born into the world of Ghostface and fame, along with her older by like 5 minutes brother Ryder. Ruby was named after her mothers favourite jewel- they signified passion, protection and wealth, but Ruby always knew protection was a big part to the meaning of her name much like Jade's who's name signifies healing and good luck. Ruby thinks it's just because her mother was trying to get over her psycho 90s boyfriend, in the youngest Kincaids eyes the world now revolves around Ruby. Well it did but high school was getting in the way of that
and she hated it. Ruby had big dreams, she wanted to be on a stage in front of thousands singing her heart out- she wanted to be the next Frankie Evermore - small town girl who followed her dreams and made it big...minus the psychopaths that hunted her beside her mother and aunt. Okay but small town wasn't her best reference since they'd now moved to the big Apple but she did live in Woodsboro where she met her own group of friends which she still kept in contact with so that counts for something...

Ryder was as unbothered as it gets about Ghostface and well anything. He never had trouble making friends, finding a girlfriend - though he was currently single - he also did well in school. Ruby thinks her mother named him Ryder because it sounds cute with her name but when Blair done some research it turned out the name also represented strength, courage and leadership. Not that Ryder was any leader, let's be real he was too lazy for that, either way he'd other two kids had named with meaning so she wanted Ryder to have one too. He didn't really know what he wanted to do with his future, he was more of a  take it day by day kind of person compared to his twin. But he knew he was destined for something big, he just didn't know what.