Chapter 01: Regional Auditions

NAOMI'S POV:
Lots and lots of girls are here auditioning for A2K but how many are making it in?- From the looks of it, it seems like very few are making it in- there were so many girls here before but now they're like all gone, and they didn't seem happy about what happened inside the audition rooms.. But I mean if I don't make it in I guess that's the worse that can happen right?
I sit in the chair outside of the audition room waiting for the person inside to come out. I passed the previous stages with the other judges and I was now stressing out on how now I need to perform in front of JYP. He's the damn chairman of JYP Entertainment. I told myself to take deep breaths while I was waiting, I seriously need to be less nervous if I want to do well.

"The Next Person may come in", someone said inside the room who I assume was JYP himself and the staff led me inside to the room.
"Hello, I'm Naomi Harrison. I am currently 13 and I was born in San Jose, California and raised in Los Angeles, California."
As JYP reads over his paper he asks, "I see here that you've been dancing for 9 years, so that means you were dancing where you were around 4 years old?"
"Yes that's right, I've been dancing to various dance styles since I was 4 years old"
"Well now I'm excited to see your performance today", J.Y. PARK said with a slight grin.

"I'll start by singing Love you like a love song by Selena Gomez".
"Okay, feel free to start whenever you're ready".
I gave the staff the signal that I was ready and then the song started playing. As I sing the lyrics I tried my best to calm down my nerves so I can at least try to make sure my techniques are correct or at least how I was taught to sing. How the heck do people calm their nerves when performing in front of J.Y. PARK? That doesn't seem possible.. I mean I don't know how you'd do it?- It did not help that JYP seemed almost emotionless while I was singing..? Like, is my singing good or not, tell me through your expressions please..??

"Naomi have you ever taken singing lessons?" JYP asked making me very, very nervous.
"I used to when I was younger for about a year" I said while fidgeting with my hands.
"Ah I see, your techniques are okay but you could be less stiff and work on relaxing while you're singing but you have lots of potential which is exactly what I'm looking for, you just need to practice a bit more and you'll be a great vocalist", JYP critiqued.
"Thank you", I said with a small smile as I expected more feedback and critiques on my singing.

"You're going to dance as well right?" He asked me with a smile.
"Yes, I'll also be performing Dalla Dalla by ITZY today"
"I'm very excited to see what these 9 years of dancing contain, Whenever you're ready you may start", He said as I got into my ready position to perform.
I gave the staff a signal saying I was ready. I took a deep breath and then Dalla Dalla by ITZY started playing. I tried my best to get into what I like to call my performance headspace where I tend to have better facial expressions and my moves are clean and accurate due to me only focusing on the performance. As I performed I tried my best to make eye contact with JYP without getting nervous and stay in my performance headspace. Again, JYP seems almost emotionless as I finish the dance, making me wonder if I didn't meet his expectations as someone's who's danced for 9 years.

"Naomi, that was amazing. You made the dance have personality and style. You handled the speed, power and energy needed for this dance almost effortlessly. Your facial expressions matched the mood of the song so well. I see your 9 years of dance experience shining through and I was not disappointed" That is such a relief to hear..At least I know I'm doing well in dancing.
"Thank you so much" I said as I bowed to him.

"Come here", JYP says and signals for me to come over to him and his judging table. As he hands me the pendant he says, "I'll see you at the LA Bootcamp".
"Thank you so much", I said as I walked out of the room.
My mom was outside the room waiting to see my reaction to figure out what she wanted to say.
"Mom! I made it in! Can you believe that??"
"Of course I can believe that, I told you that you could do it!", she replied in her own motherly way.

"Mom! I made it in! Can you believe that??""Of course I can believe that, I told you that you could do it!", she replied in her own motherly way

Author's note:
This chapter is about 850 words, I feel like my chapters are going to be very short. This chapter was sort of edited? It was but it wasn't at the same time, I may come back later on and edit more..
Also,
Should I make another book for after the show or fit it all into this book..??