Chapter 05: Character Evaluation

Naomi POV:

"Now, since we saw your dancing and singing we arranged 3 teams that we think will be a great match among yourselves and also for the song you're going to sing".
"The first team leader is Camila"
"You're going to have 3 other members to perform this song together. KG, Cristina and Naomi".
"This team lead by Camila will be performing Wonder Girls' Be my Baby".

Naomi: I think I'll be able to pull off the singing and dancing needed for this performance.

"The leader of the next team Kendall. Her members will be Kaylee, Savanna, Mischa".
"The song you will be singing is Wannabe by ITZY".
"The leader of the final team, Melissa. Your members are Lexi, Yuna and Gina".
"The song you will be performing is The Feels by TWICE".

As we were practicing, we had another evaluation. Today's evaluation was the 'Character Evaluation'. Instead of it being a performance, it was an interview. We were also going to be doing a contestant vote. For the interview, JYP invited the journalist 'Jeff Benjamin'.

"Okay Next", JYP called for the last group which was KG and I. "So a little bit of information about Naomi is that she's almost like a whole package when it comes to talent, she can sing and rap in different languages, dance and mix songs together. The crazy part is that you've improved so much just by yourself, how did you do that?"
"Well, I always try to show the best of myself and I tend to set really high standards for myself and when I can't reach those standards I keep working harder until I reach the standard I've made for myself. So I think that's how I improved so much".
"Naomi, I also noticed that whenever someone seems to be in a more negative mood you always really want to go up to them and comfort them, is there a reason why?"
"I think it's because when I was growing up, I was always I guess surrounded by emotions. Most times I was around younger people like my younger cousins or younger siblings and I had to care for them so when I got older I was always there for others and tried my best to understand them".
"I think that's amazing, especially when you're going into such a competitive industry you can always cheer up the members if they're feeling down", Jeff said.

Next was KG's Interview. JYP was talking about how KG's style changed so much from the regional auditions to the evaluations because she seemed like she was so fixed on her original style. KG said what would motivate her would be her members because she doesn't want to make them look bad. After KG answered the questions we ended the interview.
"Thank you", KG and I said while we started walking out of the set.

As soon as we left, Jeff and JYP were discussing who stood out the most and our personalities. "How do you feel about Naomi?"
"I really liked how she seemed to be very open about her answers and she knew what words to say without thinking for too long. She also seemed very genuine with her answers. I feel like she'd be great with handling interviews and answering on them".

While we were waiting for JYP to come back on set, we started to get scared because there were only 5 stones on the podium. Then JYP came onto set and started talking with us,
"So there were 3 different elements that were added into the Evaluation. First was the interview you just did and your responses. Second was the "most favorite future team mate" by your peers. And then third, votes from your teachers and staff regarding your attitude and energy. So those three elements will mix together so we could rank the top 5 finishers".
"Evaluated as number ones was Lexus", as he said that we all clapped for her.
"Second place goes to Cristina", and we all clapped for her as well.
"Finished third is the first to get all 4 stones, third is Camila", and we all clapped as she was the first contestant to get a ticket to Korea.
"Ranked fourth is Savanna", we all clapped for her.
"The final stone recipient is Yuna", we all clapped for her as well.

Again, I did not rank within the Top 5. However this time, I didn't even get the stone. JYP did say we had a chance to get all 4 stones in the final performance, which means I still have a chance to go to Korea. I told myself I couldn't be discouraged because if I get discouraged my chance of getting a stone so I just have to keep practicing and keep being confident.

Author's Note:I hate writing interviews so much, this interview was short too, this chapter's only 790+ words which means that Only like a third of that was probably the interview

Author's Note:
I hate writing interviews so much, this interview was short too, this chapter's only 790+ words which means that Only like a third of that was probably the interview. Anyways, this was a nice short chapter, it's a nice break from the 1500+ word chapters that won't last very long. I think next chapter's going to be back to at least 1000+ words.