Chapter 09: Individual Mission Performances

Anything Underlined is the interviews
*** Third Person/not really one specific person's POV

Naomi POV:

Today, we were having our first mission in the Korean Boot Camp. When we were told we were going to be performing individually in Seoul, I was thinking maybe in the JYP building or something..not 76 floors up into the tallest building in Seoul- The view was so cool and breathtaking, you had a glimpse of a river and all the cities were like little Lego blocks from how high we were. I had to remind myself that there were windows for this very reason, also to make sure that we didn't fall and for safety reasons but so you could view great scenery and your surroundings.

We then went to go change into our stage outfits and get our hair and makeup touched up and styled. I was wearing a white puffy dress with floral designs on it (The music show outfit's I was attempting to use inspiration for this are farther into the chapter if you'd like a reference) along with white shoes with white ankle cut socks. My hair was down with some white ribbons braided into some of my hair.

 ***

As J.Y Park flips through the pages of his clipboard the contestants are watching and waiting silently observing the big screen, fully of nerves.

"Okay Contestants please come in", JYP called out for us. We all then went into a line, becoming quite tense. He attempted to break the ice with the girls and started asking us questions.

"Okay so now, the image of this group that will debut, it's starting to loom in my head and as of now, all 10 of you are in it. Right now, everybody says they want it but not everybody proves that they really want it. Now you have 3 months, to really prove it. Okay today, have fun and we'll go from there..", once JYP finished talking all the girls they went to go sit back down in front of the big screen.

Naomi POV:

"Okay Kaylee, please come in", with that we all wished her good luck.
As Kaylee began her performance of Pop by NAYEON, her dancing and vocals improved a lot from the LA Boot Camp. I recall her practicing a lot on her stamina, and she really did improve on that. Her performance left us all smiling, her energy is like vitamin D. The song suited her perfectly and executed it so well. She got the stone and we were all so happy for her.

"Okay next Kendall", with that Kendall walked out of the room after our good lucks.
Kendal was performing 24 hours by SUNMI. Kendall's performance was so mysterious and I feel like she executed the emotions well. Her voice was so stable and clear even after she almost lost it earlier from practicing so much. She also got a stone, which we all congratulated her on when she got back to us in the room.

"Naomi please come in", JYP called for me. I was internally panicking, what if I messed up? The girls wished me good luck and Kaylee whispered a little "Fighting" to me when she noticed I was nervous. Nonetheless, I still went up to the stage.

"Hello I'm Naomi. I'm 14 years old and born and raised in Calfornia."

"So Naomi, today you're performing More & More by TWICE for us today?"
"Yes that's right."
"So what were you working on the most while you were practicing for this song?", JYP asked.
"Well I was trying to improve on anything I felt like I was lacking with going from flow on rapping to improving my stamina."
"Ah yes, stamina is a big role into this song, you need to maintain enough energy but still use enough throughout the performance"

JYP: "More & More by TWICE is such a difficult song to sing while dancing. I know Naomi can pull off the dance, vocal and rap aspects separately so I'm excited to see how it mixes together to make one performance. I'm also looking forward to see how high her stamina is, this song's choreography not only takes lots of your energy but it's 9 members singing the song so they get breaks in between but Naomi won't have any breaks in between at all since it's a solo mission."