No Respect Dancer Battles

Annnnnnd I'm back !! Let me know what you'd like to be incorporated in the story, regarding side characters / friendships, anything! 

_______________

The girls left the hotel feeling way more jittery than the previous day. Today was the day for their first face-off, and they were about to size up everyone's talents. Amaia had put up a confident face in front of the cameras, but now it felt like her bravado had pulled a disappearing act.

As they approached the set, some producers popped in to guide them. They went to change in their room, and Audrey got out wearing the cutest outfit ever. "Girl you have a boyfriend just leave us some chances please" Amaia pleaded jokingly. Audrey just flashed her signature grin. "Nah girl you're safe don't worry, plus I'm pretty sure we don't have the same type" she winked. Aamaia HATED how she was such an easy blusher, betraying what she knew Audrey was referring to.

In the room, Kirsten and Latrice were in full-on mothering. Kirsten was helping Amaia touch up her make up, Latrice had pulled out of thin air protein bars and refilled everyone's water bottles. "Thanks girl" Amaia said, feeling a surge of gratitude. Kirsten's experience was really appreciated and help tremendously keeping everyone calm. But once they were called to join the main scene, the nerves kicked in full throttle. Audrey and Amaia lagged a bit behind walking up to the stage. Their kept having nervous laughter, and Amaia leaned in closer to Audrey. "Girl we gotta stop looking like dumbasses and not laugh at everything or people will think we're rude". "Hey not our fault if we are stressed out because we are freaking competing with Kirsten" shushed Audrey.

They got interrupted when they reached the top of the stairs and were met with the gaze of seven groups. Yup, they were the last ones to get the call. Gulping visibly, Amaia tried to strut down with as much confidence she could pull behind Kirsten, who had everyone's eyes on her. There were so many faces that Amaia couldn't keep up, but she heard gasps and whispers as Audrey walked by her side. Audrey was looking like a doll, and for a brief moment, Amaia felt a twinge of self-consciousness.

Once they sat down in their reserved steps Amaia couldn't help but glance at Kirsten and Latrice, who were navigating this sea of competition like they were used to do this everyday. "You think Kirsten's feeling the pressure?". Audrey shrugged. "Kirsten? Nah, not a chance". Ling added overhearing their conversation. "Girls don't worry, we are all stressed, you just need to master the poker face".

Amaia finally took a good look at the competition. Some looked like they'd danced since they were in diapers, like Wolf'Lo and Lady Bounce. She recognized the big names she'd seen on TV, too, like Lia Kim and Mina Myoung. And Bada Lee. Good Lord she was hot. Tall, dressed up in oversize clothes that made her look even more intimidating then she was, a cap almost covering her eyes. Yeah she was definitely Amaia's type. She tried to not let her gaze linger too much, but Audrey had not missed a bit of her staring: "Ohhh so how bad is the crush now from 1 to 10 ?" Amaia felt herself blush. AGAIN. "Shut up audrey, not so loud". "An 11 " she thought to herself.

Thankfully, it seemed like everyone could see right through them, as all eyes were on Kirsten, who absorbed the energy like a sponge. Soon, they turned their attention to the big screen, which displayed the other teams' reactions to their presentation video. Most teams were genuinely impressed with Kirsten and Ling, offering up some nice compliments. However, there were also plenty of straight up haters, especially regarding Audrey and Amaia. "Well, it's obvious they picked Audrey for her looks." "Yeah, her and the other rookie look like babies; they're probably just here to win over the audience and gain some popularity." "Wow, talk about a backhanded compliment," Amaia commented. Latrice wasn't having any of it either, glaring at the girl from Deep N Dap who had made that remark. Surprisingly, instead of getting riled up, Amaia found herself more determined to prove her critics wrong. "Don't worry, girls; you'll show them on the dancefloor," Kirsten reassured them. She was right. Amaia couldn't wait to prove them wrong. The weird tension got broken by the entrance of the 3 judges. They looked amazing and it felt like the level of the competition just got even higher. They quickly announced they'd be filming the "No Respect Dancer" battle today.