Closing the distance

Hot make-out session incoming, now you're warned :))))

When Amaia opened the door of the Uber, she felt suddenly hyper aware of the tension that had been building since they got into the car together. She couldn't help but notice the way Bada's gaze had become less discreet, her eyes lingering on her more openly as she took her hand to lead her inside the hotel.

Bada was taken aback as Amaia led her downstairs, and they reached a small studio.

"Remember how we talked about Latin dance?" Amaia had a mischievous smile.

"You mean how I'm absolutely clueless at it, and you're like the best I've ever seen? Hum, hum, I remember that, yes."

Amaia rolled her eyes, "Alright, well, here's your chance to learn from the best."

Bada looked around in surprise, "Wait, like now?"

Amaia grinned, "Yes, unless you're too tired? I remembered you told me you didn't want to be too exposed yet, so I figured our hotel's studio would be cozy enough."

Bada's heart swelled with gratitude for Amaia's thoughtfulness. "Of course, I'm down."

Amaia wasted no time, putting on some music with the AUX cable. She pulled the curtains to hide the view and dimmed the lights. Bada raised an eyebrow, and Amaia raised her hand defensively.

"I'm the teacher! I'm doing things right."

Amaia put on some music to warm up a bit, their bodies automatically following the beats. Bada could not stop smiling, this was the best date idea ever. She locked eyes with Amaia in the mirror and the girl turned to her.

"Alright, I'll teach you a bit of the basic steps on 4 counts, for bachata first, the easiest, and then maybe some tango".

"Ok got it"

Amaia broke down some key steps of bachata, "Ok, so step to the side, mark with hip, step back, mark with your hip again."

Bada followed the instructions, already impressed. So far she was hanging there

Amaia continued, her voice low and encouraging "Alright that's it. Now you must imagine that your body is always flowing, one way or the other, there is no harsh break as we can found in other styles. Now to dance together, you need to find a fixated point on me, like an anchor and imagine we are constantly connected by this point." Amaia's locked eyes with her "For example, if we do this together, you can simply hold my hand. If I add a turn, you can accompany my hand". Amaia said, turning and bringing her hand down to her chest. She never once turned her eyes away. Bada was mesmerized. Amaia then demonstrated some figures:

"You always lean onto the other and move as one, no matter the position". Face to face, Amaia slid to the left, turning gracefully while holding Bada's right hand. She smoothly passed it over her head and rest it on her shoulder, effectively bringing herself against Bada's chest. Their bodies moved in harmony to the rhythm, and Bada was fascinated by how fluid the other girl felt against her.

Yeah, she needed some water. The intensity coming from Amaia was overwhelming, her movements flowing effortlessly. Bada tried to immerse herself in the music but having the girl's back literally stuck to her as she rolled on the beat was simply too distracting. Not that she was complaining, but it did prove to be challenge to keep up with her. Amaia broke the tension stepping away with a bright smile.

"Et voilà!" She curtseyed. "You now have some basics steps and you can even follow me through some figures!"

Bada smiled, genuinely happy to be learning, but still dazed from the moment they shared. Amaia went to put another faster music.