Pool Party - 2

Sorry for the wait!! I'll publish another one by tomorrrow ;) And again, I'll love your inputs if there is any scenario you'd like to be incorporated in the next chapters (I have some leads but it is still very much amendable at this stage and more suggestions are welcomed:))

_______________________________

Bada nearly collided with Amaia as she made her way to the main lounge.

"Whoops! Sorry, I didn't see you there," Bada said, catching Amaia by one of her shoulders.

"All good! Where are you going?"

"Hmmm, actually, just to grab a fresh drink. Wanna come?"

Amaia flashed a friendly smile. "Sure, I need a refresher as well."

"All that fighting with Yeni-Cho got you worn out?" Bada laughed.

"I swear it was a whole workout," Amaia chuckled in agreement.

The girls made their way to the bar, and Amaia decided to initiate the conversation. "So, how did you celebrate your win last night?"

"We were so tired, haha. We literally only ordered food and just had a group dinner."

"Honestly we didn't do much either, we were beat as well. Is your Airbnb big enough to host such dinners though ? You must have quite the living room" Amaia wondered, clearly impressed.

"Oh, absolutely! We lucked out with this place. It has this amazing terrace in which we can easily all dine together, the view at night is great as well" Bada shared.

"You have a terrace? That's great! When I lived in Barcelona, I used to have my own little veranda. I had the best time, like I would spend hours reading, dancing, or just studying," Amaia recalled fondly.

"Haha, well, you'll have to come over to check it out for yourself," Bada said, almost smacking herself mentally for the awkward comment. Thankfully, Amaia didn't take it weirdly.

"I'd love to! Living in LA has made me really claustrophobic, haha." Amaia said wincing.

"I'm not surprised haha, honestly, I'd feel the same! I've only been there a few times, but I was surprised to see how few parks and open spaces there were," Bada remembered.

"It's true, even though Seoul is probably the same, right? We visited a bit when we arrived, but I didn't have a chance to explore the entire city just yet," Amaia inquired.

"I mean, there are a lot more parks, and people are much more respectful of the environment, so it is more enjoyable for sure. And there are a lot of hidden gems," Bada said.

Amaia could almost sense an implied invitation in the air, a subtle I'll show you around if you'd like, but Bada seemed determined to keep the conversation casual and tone down whatever tension had been present between them previously. Not that Amaia minded; it was actually nice to be able to chat casually.

"Do were you in LA right before we jumped into the competition?" Bada inquired

"Yeah, mostly. I was actually helping out Audrey on her tour for Jackson Wang," Amaia explained.

"Oh, that must have been very interesting. What exactly were you responsible for?" Bada asked, genuinely intrigued.

Amaia shrugged"A bit of everything, really. I was kind of like the unofficial tour manager and the unofficial backup dancer if anything happened to anyone on the crew. I helped with rehearsals, overall logistics, planning... yeah, multitasking at its peak."

Bada raised an eyebrow. "And is this something you want to pursue later on?"

"After the competition, you mean? I'll probably have one or two more dates, at least one for sure in Singapore for the Formula One Grand Prix," Amaia admitted.