Longing

Kiwi adventuresss! Happy reading <333

_______________________________

Jam Republic touched down in Auckland, excited to start rehearsing for their mega crew performance. Kirsten, with her connections, had secured many studios to practise. Audrey and Amaia had settled for an Airbnb, close to the city center to avoid paying Ubers, while the others crashed at some of their friends' or at their own place. As everyone gathered to head to Piha Beach, Amaia could help but be a bit skeptical about the amount of clouds obscuring the cold winter sun.

Auckland's temperamental weather proved itself to be the first obstacle of a long series, as the girls discovered Piha Beach had been battered by storms, resulting in a dangerous landslide . It was now a far cry from the picture they had envisioned. Muddy, windy, and unsafe, the place was unrecognizable. Kirsten called for an emergency meeting on the spot "Ok so we have to drop Piha Beach, it's not even safe to be filming out there."

Ling seemed to stay compose "Ok girls, it's fine. We can find plenty of other places. Let's give ourselves 3 hours to brainstorm, we'll go to a coffee nearby and put our heads down."

"Okay, let's do that" agreed Latrice.

Amaia and Audrey exchanged uncertain glances. As newcomers to Auckland, they felt somewhat helpless when it came to suggesting alternative locations. Amidst the chaos, Amaia's phone buzzed, and her heart skipped a beat. She quickly checked the message from Bada.

"Did you land well? Everything is going as you'd want?"

Kirsten's voice snapped her back to reality. "Amaia, come on!"

"Coming, sorry," Amaia replied, still feeling flustered, forgetting to respond as her teammates alrrady starting brainstorming in the car. The coffee break seemed to make wonders. They all started to form a plan B.

"The key is how well we use the space. Let's not waste too much time searching for another location," Ling suggested. "Since, in any case, it'll never compare to our original idea, we should spend more time on choreography."

"Ok so do we all agree on the stadium ?" Kirsten concluded

"Yep. Pre-game will be the first part, then battle, and then celebration. That's like 3 pieces within 1 choreography, it's a solid storytelling" confirmed Latrice

"Ok Ok. Let me call a few people to book the location to film. Then we can start gathering everyone to start rehearsing" Kirsten decided.

Amaia took the opportunity to answer Bada's text

"Well actually"

"We had to change our plans it's pretty chaotic haha "

"Oh no! Hope you're still enjoying your time," Bada typed back immediately.

"Sure, I am! Though I didn't expect freezing temperatures haha." She added another text.

"How come you are answering so fast ? Aren't you rehearsing ?"

"Taking a quick break but so far so good. And I wanted to hear from you"

Amaia couldn't help but smile at her eagerness. "Cute," she typed before setting her phone down, trying her best to appear busy, though the thought of their conversation lingered at the forefront of her mind.

However, the rest of the day proved to be equally challenging for Jam Republic. They arrived at the studio to count the final number of dancers they had regrouped, only to find out they were 4 dancers short.