Chapter 13

Michael's POV

I had barely processed what had just happened with Laila when her old man barged into the joint, demanding to see his daughter safe and sound. We had to clean up our act lightning quick, throwing on our clothes and pretending like nothing happened in my office just minutes ago. But truth be told, that encounter with Laila was a wake-up call of crazy proportions.

Laila, she belonged to me all along. I played myself, crossing those lines, letting her get into my head, making me believe that a taste of her would be enough to satisfy my cravings. Deep down, I knew better. But when she looked at me with those pleading eyes, I couldn't resist. I lost control, took her right then and there, and gave her what she wanted. And goddamn, every inch of her body tasted like she was mine. Her moans are still echoing in my head, and my desire to have her beg me for more has intensified tenfold.

Earlier, after wrapping up a meeting with my crew in the basement, I laid eyes on Gabriella Gambini, and I instantly knew what it meant. Vinnie was making his move, offering up his daughter, and I damn well had to oblige. The Gambini clan has been our fiercest rivals for years, and while the Rizzuto family currently holds the reins, who knows what the future holds. Just two years ago, the Gambinis were the ones on top. Now, it's us. But those sons of bitches are cunning, and forging an alliance with them would go down in history. We could become unstoppable, wiping out the entire Colombian cartel.

It all fell into place, courting Gabriella. Until I walked in and saw Laila, giving me that mean mug of hers, that fucking adorable mean mug. I was completely thrown off guard. I didn't expect her to be there, and the fact that she witnessed everything with Gabriella pissed me off to no end. I felt an overwhelming urge for her to understand that this other broad meant squat to me. It made me fucking anxious. And when I realized just how pissed Laila was, merely from me engaging with another dame, my mind went to some dark places.

I want Laila, plain and simple.

But here I am, the very next day, sitting in Vinnie Gambini's office, signing the damn contract that'll allow me to marry his daughter. So, how the hell is that supposed to work? I can't keep Laila as some side piece, my mistress. But I sure as hell won't let another man get his hands on her now. I'm the kind of guy who always finds a solution, but right now, I'm up shit creek without a paddle. This uncontrollable spiral into irrationality has me in fucking deep.

In two weeks' time, the engagement is scheduled to take place. Two weeks to ponder over what to do about Laila. Maybe shipping her off to another country would rid me of her troublesome presence. Maybe then this infatuation would dissipate. But who the fuck knows. Even if she were a million miles away, I'd still feel her crawling under my skin.

Exiting Vinnie's headquarters, I make my way to my own establishment, La Dolce Vita. As I swing open the door, I catch sight of two fed pigs attempting to discreetly snap pictures of me. I smirk, allowing them their little amusement. The feds have been tailing me for as long as I can remember, but they've got nothing on me. They yearn for me to operate like my old man, but if they want to bring me down, they'll have to step up their game.

The staff inside the club greets me, and I make my way down to the basement where my true office lies. A cacophony of screams and curses fills the air as my men engage in a heated soccer match on the TV. However, the moment they notice my presence, they immediately quiet down and offer their greetings.

Walking into my office, I find Renato waiting for me. He places a stack of paperwork before me as I settle into my oversized black chair. "Boss, we've got the papers drafted for our latest operation. We need to meet with Scorsese as soon as possible."

I narrow my eyes, the last thing I need right now is to be close to the Scorseses. The memories of Laila's hand gripping my hair in ecstasy while I eat her and her moans echoing in my mind keep resurfacing. Meeting her at this moment wouldn't be the wisest decision.