Chapter 15

Laila's POV

Michael and I have an unspoken agreement. Whenever we find ourselves in the same place at the same time, it's a signal that we have to be together, that we must have sex. It has been a full week since our first encounter, and I've lost count of how many times it has happened since then. He has visited the firm an incredible number of times this week, and each time, it has led to our steamy moments. Then, this morning, he came over to our home, and once again, it happened. Tonight, as I head out to La Dolce Vita, I can already predict that it will occur once more.

I have transformed into this intensely sexual being, driven solely by lust. These encounters with Michael have consumed my thoughts, becoming the sole purpose of my existence. It's both distressing and alarming because my sex drive is higher than my will to live at this point. I've become addicted to him, like a detrimental drug. Thoughts of him and the pleasure he brings occupy my mind constantly. I crave him constantly, to witness him unravel as he did the other day when I knelt before him and took him entirely. He made me look up to him the whole time, yet he allowed me to have power over him, a departure from his usual state of control, and that feeling is incredibly addictive. In my twenty-five years of life, I have never encountered anything quite like this.

I take one last glance at myself in the mirror, feeling satisfied with how I look. Exiting my bedroom, I make my way down the stairs to the main living room, where my entire family is gathered: Papà, Mamma, Vincenzo, Nicoletta, along with their four children. Elena, who I'll be hitting La Dolce Vita with tonight, is also present, as well as Uncle Sal, his wife, and my four older cousins. The only one missing is Lucas, which is not entirely surprising considering it's Lucas.

They all stare at me with wide eyes, and I return their gaze with bewilderment. "What's wrong?"

"Well, it's clear that you're on a mission to find yourself a husband!" Nicoletta is the first to speak up.

I roll my eyes. "I look perfectly normal."

"No, you don't," Vincenzo retorts.

"You look beautiful, cara mia," Papà chimes in.

Amidst the commotion of my boisterous family, a few more comments are thrown my way. Finally, Elena, Vincenzo, and I can make our way to the club. Upon arrival, Vincenzo gives us the same advice he had given me a week ago. However, this time, he looks at me and adds, "And stay out of the boss's way this time!"

I nod, wearing a sardonic smile, but deep down, I know I can't make that promise. In fact, it's the only thing occupying my thoughts.

We bid farewell to Vincenzo, and a waitress escorts Elena and me to the VIP section, where the same girls from last week are already present. It doesn't take long for Elena to excuse herself, claiming she needs to use the restroom. However, I know that she's actually going to sniff some lines in the bathroom.

I gaze up at the second floor, tempted to text Michael and let him know I'm here. But I resist the temptation. After all, he only gave me his phone number this morning when he visited our home. He insisted it was for business purposes when he inserted it into my cellphone after our intense encounter. It would feel strange to immediately reach out to him for personal pleasure. I have a feeling that's why he gave me his number, but still...

A waitress approaches me, and I prepare to place my order. However, instead of asking for my preferences, she informs me, "Can you please come with me, Ms. Scorsese? You've been requested to change booths."

I stare at her in confusion for a moment, contemplating asking her a few questions. But then it becomes clear who is behind this arrangement. Without saying a word, I simply comply and rise from my seat, following the waitress as she leads me to another booth.