5. Old Scars

Some old wounds never really heal and bleed again at the slightest word....

~•°•~

"Where the hell is this Aahana

"Where the hell is this Aahana. Kitni baar bola h isse, ki apni reputation ka kuch khayal rakha kar, now she can't go out roaming anywhere and anytime she wants.
And all the while I have to babysit her.
Let me just call her."
(How many times have I told her that she has a reputation to hold)

I dialed her and she picked at the second ring. "Yes bro"

Yes bro??! Yes bro?!!

"Wherever you are get your stupid ass right here, right now."
"Okay, coming right up." And I hung up.

A minute later someone barge in my cabin. I didn't look up from the files as I knew who it was.

"What is it?", she questioned.

Now that had me look up to her. "What do you mean by what is it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I mean why did you call me. I was having a good time yaar!!" She winned like a kid.

I signed. "Roaming around like a kid does not match your reputation miss Miss Universe India." That earned me a stupid glare and I just rolled my eyes.

"Seriously thought. Why did you call me, that to soo urgently", she finally asked.

I closed the file I was reading and kept it aside. I took a sip of my strong black coffee, that bitter pigment rolling down my throat and giving me a slight push to say what I had in my mind. I put the mug down and looked at her.
"Our company won the best business of the year award. And I won the best and most promising businessman of the year.", I stated in my not-so-impressed and relatively emotionless voice.

Aahana looked at me. Her face was blank, and she kept staring at me for almost a minute until I broke the silence by saying,"Aahu, say something."

The next thing I know is that I'm being pulled out of my chair into a really really tight and bone-cracking embrace by her. I can hear her screaming the fuck out of her lungs.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! You bitch!!!!!! What is wrong with you??!!! Are you even human??? Who says that they got such a huge award with that face?? What kind of reaction was that??!" She asked while holding me close and jumping and dancing simultaneously. I encircled my arms around her, somehow trying to maintain my balance and also to keep her steady from falling.

Finally when she stopped, she cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"Aayaaa!!! Babyyy!!! You did it!!! You fucking did it!!!! Uncle aunty will be so proud of you", she exclaimed holding my hand and beaming at me.

I was taken aback by her sudden display of affection towards me. The forehead kiss was way too affectionate and had me creeping out already until her mentioning my parents literally swelled my heart.