10. Survival

Aarya was welcomed with a loud applause by the audience

Aarya was welcomed with a loud applause by the audience. The spotlight was on her the entire time while she walked past the crowd.

She was not nervous anymore. She walked with confidence. Her head held high. Her posture spoke power, courage, compassion and her dynamism. Every pair of eyes in the room was staring at her. But her eyes caught a pair of the light brown eyes staring at her.

She instantly felt shocked, her steps slowing down as she came face to face with the owner of the brown orbs.

'What the hell is he doing here?'

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw Mahir Jaisingh standing among the crowd of people. My steps slow down as I take him in. He was wearing a black suit, white shirt and a matching black tie, his hair was perfectly set, face glowing in the dim light of the hall. He is looking....good.

Good?!

Yeah!! He is looking good.

Damn girl stop checking him out, he's your fucking employee.

I held myself back before my eyes bulged out of my sockets, but not before noticing his face.
His expression was that of surprise, or shock maybe, and he was standing there frozen to his spot. Maybe he was not expecting me here.

Again!!!! This guy is staring at me straight in the eye. God!!! Why does he do that. Why doesn't he understand that him staring at me like that makes me...makes me...

Makes you what?

It make me want to kiss him.

WHAT??!!!!!!

Seriously......WHAT??!!!!

Aarya Shekhawat, did you just say kiss?!?!

Oh no!! I di..didn't!! No!! No!!!!!!!!!

I was so shocked by my own subconscious that I just stumbled and was about to fall face front on the ground when two strong pair of hands held me upright. I was smashed into a hard chest, the strong, protective arms circling around me making me steady. I managed to maintain my balance, but just as I looked up at the owner of the hands I froze.