7. You make me smile

Mahir was turning left and right, but sleep was nowhere to be found

Mahir was turning left and right, but sleep was nowhere to be found. He sat up on his head and started rewinding today's events. What happened today left him restless. What was he supposed to do now?

Flashback:

Mahir reached the entrance of Park Venue Hostel. He went inside and asked for Room no 201. The receptionist asked his name, which he said. But just as he was about to take out his ID the receptionist interrupted," No need sir, you can proceed to the room. This way sir."

Mahir looked at her confused but nodded and followed him. The receptionist left him in front of a door and went back.

He was standing in front of the door. The room tag read-201. He was nervous, his whole body was shaking.

"What have you gotten yourself stuck into Mahi. Bhole baba, ab apka hi Sahara hai", he thought to himself.
(Bhole baba, now only you can help)

He knocked at the door and waited. But no one responded. He again knocked, still no response. "Galat jagaha to nhi aa gaya kehi?", he thought. (Am I at the wrong place)

He took out the note he's carrying from morning and read it for the nth time. "It's room no 201 only, what's wrong? Why is no one answering?"

He kept his hand on the handle and found that it was unlocked. He knitted his eyebrows in confusion. Still, he slowly pushed open the door.

There was complete darkness. He entered the room, switched on his flashlight and started searching for the light switch. He found it and switched it on. He turned off his flashlight and observed its surroundings.

It was a luxurious suit. He was standing at the small hall type area where a couch and a table with a small stool were kept. The looked here and there, searching for anything. There he found a door at the left end of the hall. He slowly went there, and pushed that door open.

It was a master bedroom, with a king size bed at the centre of the room, dimly lit leaving any chance to highlight any other feature. The light of the moon coming from the small balcony at the right was the only source of light.

"So you came"

Mahir jumped at the voice. He turned and found a man sitting on a chair facing the wall. He kept his hand on his chest and took deep breaths to calm himself down.

Mahir tried to see the face of the man, but was unsuccessful. He tried to come in front of the man but stopped when he said," No need for that young man, you won't be able to see me."

Mahir stood rooted at his place. Hundred questions were running on his mind.

"What the hell is going on? This man called me here at this time to talk and now he's saying that he can't show me his face? Something is up. I knew it.

What if he tries to kidnap me? But why will he kidnap me, I don't even have any money. Gosh!!! What is happening?

I should have told Kaurav and prepared for backup. Shit!!! Bhole baba, please save me."