14. Chaos

It's been more than 20 minutes and he still hasn't reached

Great! Such punctuality!

'You're one to talk. He was late on the day of the interview as well, still I see him as the head of the department.

Wanna comment?

SHUT UP'

I threw these disturbing thoughts out of my head just when someone barged in the meeting all.

Obviously. It's HIM.

"Better take a patent of this 'Barging in' thing Mr. Jaisingh. It's becoming your thing now"

"S..sorry ma'am. Really sorry" he looked up, after catching his breath and there they are.

His ombre eyes.

Just a mere glance, and all my pent up frustration went out of the window. How? I don't understand.

These are the most common pair of eyes. Almost every second person has this set of eyes, yet, the way he gazes with them, they appear... enchanting.

How can these mere irides have such power over me, that to no avail I'm able to rescue myself from drowning in them. With just one look, my breath catches and steadies simultaneously. His eyes radiate a serene composure that shatters my stony facade, daring me to break free from the walls I've built over the ages. They seem tenacious to delve into the very core of my existence, ready to unravel every secret, every mystery, layer by layer, leaving me stripped down to a mere shell of myself. Or perhaps, revealing who I truly am?

While thinking about his eyes, I don't know what happened, because the next moment I was reciting these lines....

महज़ लफ्ज़ नहीं होते गुफ्तगू करने को,
कोई उन आंखों से अंदाज-ए-बयान का हुनर सीख के आए ।।

'What??

Wait. A. Minute!!

Did you just write something for him?

FOR HIM?

Oh my my. Un-fucking-believable.'

Shut up!!

I yanked myself out of these thoughts and came back to reality when Mr. Kadam's voice rang in the background.

"Ma'am are you all right?"

"Huh.."

I didn't realise how hard I've been staring at him that my vision blurred for a second. When it cleared again, I realised he's not standing there anymore. I searched around the room until my gaze landed on him, sitting at the right corner just beside Kriti.