15. His Jealousy

As soon as the elevator opened,I literally ran towards the meeting hall

As soon as the elevator opened,I literally ran towards the meeting hall. I barged in, huffing badly, trying to catch my breath.

"Better take a patent of this 'Barging in' thing Mr. Jaisingh. It's becoming your thing now."

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. I knew it was her. And by the tone of her voice it was evident that she was angry.

"S..sorry ma'am. Really sorry." I somehow managed to say while controlling my breathing. Then I slowly lifted my gaze and they met her brown eyes, and something electrifying passed between us, that errupted a sudden shiver down my spine.

Damn! What the hell was that?

I thought.

Because of the way she was looking at me. Those brown eyes were staring right through me with such intensity, that I find myself melting under her gaze.

This time, I was able to see that same longing in her eyes that I felt yesterday, when she looked at me from the stage. But the difference was, that today, those eyes held a different kind of spark. A very rare touch of emotions, unlike the awards night, where they held only pain, agony and a sense of longing.

Though the longing is still there, but this is something different. This feels something entirely different. This feels like want, this feels like need, this feels like lov...

I came out of my thoughts when Kriti, my assistant called me out.

"Sir, please have a seat."

I immediately sat on the only empty seat, beside Kriti. And when I looked up, she was looking at the door only, where I was standing a few second ago.

Where is she lost?

Is she still thinking about that eye contact?

Is she thinking about me?

Oh yes Rajkumar Mahir. Ofcourse she's thinking about you. My subconscious mocked.

I shrugged the thought and focused on my surroundings.

Mr. Kadam called her once, which seems to have broken her trance as she shook her head and answered, not before roaming her eyes in the hall once again. When her gaze landed on me, our eyes met again, and we stayed like that, for a second longer, when she hurriedly averted it.

I lowered my eyes, not able to look back up. A sudden pain ripped through me.

What was this? What am I feeling?

Am I hurt because she averted her eyes from me?

Am I feeling sad that she didn't look at me a moment longer?

Do I want her to look at me for a moment longer than required?

Thinking this, I again lifted my eyes, but to my disdain, she didn't look at me. The intensity in her eyes were again replaced by that same stony reflection, bringing back the same cold Aarya Shekhawat.