The Girl With The Dungeons And Dragon Tattoo

*3rd Person POV*

A young red-haired woman pulls up on a yellow scooter in front of the building. She removes her goggles and helmet, puts on headphones and plays Katrina and the Waves' Walking on Sunshine as she walks towards the building.

She enters the building, swipes her pass card and walks bouncily across the foyer in time to the music. A security guard looks at his computer screen, which shows her picture and name – Charlie Bradbury – and reads Access Granted.

Charlie swipes her pass card in the elevator and presses a button for the fourth floor. She looks around, smiles and starts to dance, vigorously, until the elevator arrives at her floor. She composes herself and walks out.

Charlie turns off the music and removes her headphones as she walks to her desk. Her workspace is decorated with figurines and pictures from Star Wars, Harry Potter, Wonder Woman, etc. Next to her computer is a Hermione Granger figurine.

She brings up a website for The U.S. Conservatives – Keep America Strong and transfers $10,000 from their account to Animal Lovers & Lovers of the Planet. "How'd it go last night? Charlie, it's a moral imperative you let me live vicariously through you." a co-worker asked Charlie as he turns to her.

"Pictures or it didn't happen, right?" Charlie asked as she hands the co-worker her phone. Her computer screen now shows the Animal Lovers website online donations page. A message appears saying that the $10,000 funds transfer is complete.

"You hooked up at a charity benefit?" he asked her. "If you can't score at a reproductive rights function, then you simply cannot score." Charlie said. "Wait. Is that legal?" the co-worker asked. "We were two consenting adults." Charlie said and he rolls his chair over to look at Charlie's computer screen.

"No. That. Why do you insist on breaking the law on company property?" He asked her. "Mmm, faster Internet connection here." Charlie said. "Oh, well, if Pete finds out, he's gonna fire you...or get you arrested." he said to her. "Teddy Bear Pete? Please. You know I've been doing this for like a month. I can cover my tracks, Harry. Trust me." Charlie assures.

"Charlie!" another male voice said and both Charlie and Harry stand up and look over the cubicle divider at the man, Pete. "My office. Now." Pete demanded and he walks off to his office and Harry looks at Charlie. "I love you." he tells her. "I know." Charlie said and they smile before she walks into Pete's office, to see Dick Roman there.

"Charlie Bradbury? Dick. Sit." Dick said to Charlie as he gestures to the chair but she looks at him, nervously. "Charlie, I've been running things for, well, feels like since before the dawn of man. Always had a vision. I'm close to realizing that dream. I don't want to brag, but the world is my dinner plate. And I don't want anything to jeopardize that – definitely not the actions of one tiny, little person." Dick said and Charlie begins to speak.

"Sir, sir, I can fix this. Please – please don't fire me." she pleads and Dick looks over at Pete, confused. "What's she talking about?" he asked and Pete shrugs. Then Dick turns to Charlie. "Is that about hacking those Super PACs? 'Cause that was adorable. Tell me, how does a high-school dropout become one of the brightest minds at Roman, Inc.?" He asked her and she looks at him, surprised.

"Um...Honestly...Historically, I've had this problem with – with authority – no offense – so I realized the only way to get away with being me was to be as indispensable as possible. Sorry." She said giving a nervous smile. "You're kind of completing me right now, Charlie. You have that spark, that thing that makes humans so special. Not everyone has it, you know. Those people – they can be replaced. But people like you...are impossible to copy." Dick said.