Everybody Hates Hitler

Lebanon, Kansas

Dean and I get out of the Impala and walk towards the entrance of this place Henry told us about, which is built into a bank. The bunker appeared to be a two-story building above ground level.

"When's the last time somebody was in this place?" Dean asked and I shrug. "Sixty-five, seventy years ago." I said and Dean opens the box and takes out the key inside it. Then we walk down a short flight of stairs to the door.

We enter enter and shine our flashlights over a railing at the level below us, revealing 1950s-style communications equipment. "Son of a bitch." Dean said, stunned. "Look at this. Ham radio, telegraph, switchboard. This was their nerve center." I said. "Henry did say that they ran dispatch on their own team of hunters." Dean said as he shines his flashlight on a table containing a chess board, ashtray, glass and a dirty coffee cup. "Wow. Halfway through their coffee and a game of chess – looks like whoever was manning the hub left quick." Dean said.

"On the alarm call that ended the Men of Letters." I said as I make my way downstairs. Then Dean opens a switch box on the wall and pushes a lever and the lights come on. "Son of a bitch." I said, shocked, as Dean pushes another lever then joins me downstairs and we walk to the doorway of a large, attractively furnished room with bookshelves, polished wooden floors and large wooden tables.

"(Y/n), I think we found the Bat Cave." Dean said, smiling, and I chuckled.

The next morning, I had many books spread out over the tables in the main room and I was reading them when I heard footsteps. I turn my head and see Dean walking in, wearing a gray bath robe and slippers. "Morning." he said. "Morning." I greeted back.

"The, uh, water pressure in the Letters' shower room is marvelous." Dean said and I laugh. "I still can't figure out how we even have water...or electricity." I said as I walk to the shelves to get another book. "Yep, well, I am putting that under the ain't broke column. Listen, sweetheart, let's not go all geek on this stuff, okay?" Dean said.

"Geek?" I said, questioning. "Yeah. Yeah, I mean, don't – don't get me wrong." He said and I see over my shoulder, him lifting a scimitar from a display stand. "This stuff is awesome, and it looks like they ran a real tight outfit here, but I'm just saying, you know, don't, uh, don't think that they knew some big secrets that we don't know." Dean said while I shake my head and turn back to the shelf but I could hear some movement behind me.

I turn around and see Dean quickly straighten up. "Dean...they were a secret society." I said. "Which means that they made crap up and wore fezzes and sashes and swung around scimitars. They probably didn't even sharp–" Dean said as he runs his finger along the blade and cuts himself. "That's very sharp." He said and he replaces the scimitar on the stand.

"Dean, look, I think we might have something here – something that could help us, help humanity. Henry certainly thought so. And we've been looking for a home for months and this place seems perfect for the kids. I mean, you know damn well we could use a break. What if we finally got one?" I asked him and we share a look before he looks away.

"Are you gonna take off the dead-guy robe?" I asked him and he looks down at his robe then back up at me, with a cheeky grin. "All you have to do is ask, sweetheart." He said, winking at me, and I scoff out a laugh. "You're such a horndog." I said as he walks up to me then he, gently, grabs my chin with his pointer finger and thumb.

"And you are such a tease." He said and I smirk at him. "You love it." I said then he leans in and gives me a soft, loving kiss. Once we break the kiss, I smile at him. "Well, I'm gonna take a shower and then we're gonna go get the kids and bring them here." I said and I walk away from him and I take a few steps away from him then I look over my shoulder at him, with a flirty smile.