I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here

*(y/n)'s POV*

Dean is driving the Impala while I was in the passenger seat, thinking over what just happened last night. "This makes no sense. I mean, how many angels fell – hundreds, thousands? And nobody sees anything. This is...Look at this. They're calling it a meteor shower." I said as I gesture towards the paper. "Seriously? What's going on, Dean?" I asked but he doesn't reply.

"You okay?" I asked him. "Me? Yes. I'm fine. It's just –" he started to say but I get frustrated and talk over him. "It's just we got a major freakin' crap fest on our hands. Yeah, tell me about it. Thousands of superpowered dicks touching down, and we got no idea where to start." I exclaimed. "Angels aren't our problem right now, okay? Or demons, or Metatron, or whatever the hell happened to Ariel." Dean said.

"Why? Because we hugged it out in that church and – and now we're gonna go to Disneyland? Dean, you said it yourself – we're not gonna sleep till this is done." I said. "I know." Dean said. "So, what's the problem?" I asked him and Dean looks over at me. "You. Look, there's no easy way to say this, okay? But something happened back there in the church. And I don't know what. I don't know why. You're dying, (y/n)." He said and I stare at him, shocked.

"Shut up." I said, disbelieving. "Look, just because you're dying doesn't mean you're dead – not yet, okay? We've jimmied ourselves out of worse. We're gonna fight this. I got the plan. You just got to hang on. You hear me?" Dean said and I raise an eyebrow. "Absolutely." I said, deadpanned, and Dean looks at me.

"You think I'm lying?" He asked me. "Pretty much, yeah." I said. "You understand that we're not really in this car right now. We are in your head, and you're in a coma and are dying." Dean said and I furrow my brow. "How do you know that?" I asked him. "Because I'm you and you're you. All of this is you. We're in your head!" Dean said and I felt like my heart dropped.

"You're serious." I said, stunned, then I exhale, slowly. "The whole reason I stopped doing the trials was not to die." I said. "And the next time we see Naomi or Metatron or whoever is to blame for this, we will get some justice, but for right now, we got to fight this, sweetheart." said Dean and I nod.

"Okay. All right, what's the plan?" I asked him. "I'm working on it." He said. "What does that mean? I'm kind of dying here, apparently." I said, getting upset. "It means I'm working on it, all right?" Dean tells me. "The thing is, if I am dying – and I believe you. I do. But if you're you but you're really me and you're the part of me that wants to fight to live..." I said and Dean looks at me a bit confused.

"Yes. I have no idea what you just said, but continue." He said. "But if you don't have any idea how I'm supposed to fight, then am I supposed to be fighting at all?" I asked him and he turns to me, shocked. "Are you serious?" He asked me.

"Hell, yes, she's serious." A voice from the backseat said, a voice I haven't heard in years. I look towards the backseat to see my dad sitting there. "And if you ask me, I think she's got a good point." Dad said as I continue to stare at him. "Dad?" I said, stunned.

*3rd Person POV*

In the real world, Dean and Castiel are in the Impala, Dean driving down the road like a bat outta hell and Cas was in the backseat of the car with (y/n)'s body. She was laying on her back and her head was on Cas' lap. "Cas, how's it going back there?!" Dean asked, his voice sounding a bit panicked.

"(y/n)?" Cas whispers as he places his fingers on her neck, checking her pulse. "She's alive but barely. Her pulse is weak." Cas said. "Well, can you heal her?" Dean asked him. "I'll see what I can do." Cas said then he places a hand on (y/n)'s chest, a bright light emitting from his hand and his eyes glow blue.