Goodbye Stranger

*(y/n)'s POV*

Dean and I had stopped at a hotel room after the whole Hellhound incident at the Cassity Barn and ever since I killed the Hellhound, I've had this weird feeling loom over me. It's like before you get the flu, you get this feeling that it is coming like you feel a little tired and suddenly your bones feel a bit achy.

"I'm gonna go for a beer run. You need anything?" Dean asked and I look up to him as I sit on the bed of the room. "No, I'm good." I tell him. "You sure?" Dean asked me. "Yeah." I said, nodding. "'Cause you did just gank a Hellhound, which is no slice of pie, and, uh, there is a mine field of who knows what crap ahead. Just want to make sure that you are okay." Dean said and I nod. "I'm good." I assured him, but I was getting a bit annoyed right now.

"'Cause, you know, we could find another devil dog. You could tag out. I could snuff the son of a bitch." Dean said and I sighed a bit at this. "Dean, Kevin doesn't even know what the next trial is yet. So whatever it is you're worried about, stop. I'll be ready." I said, my voice had a bit of annoyance in it. Dean nods his head once in acknowledgement and walks towards the door.

"Okay, I'll be back. Love you." He said as he opens the door. "Love you too." I said and he walks out of the room and I cough a little as he closes the door behind him.

That night, I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, when Dean comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me. I hum a little at this before I spit the toothpaste out onto the sink. "You know, when I look back at what our family's been through, what everybody's been through, seeing all that pain...I realize that the only way we've made it through it all is by hanging together. I trust you, (y/n). With this deal, locking those sons of bitches up in the furnace once and for all, it's too important not to. So if you say you're good...then that's it. I'm with you 100%." Dean tells me and I turn to face him.

"I'm good. Thank you, Dean." I said to him and he nods. He leans in and gives me a kiss. I kiss him back for a few moments then we break it and Dean kisses my forehead when I felt something in my throat.

I try to clear it but I start to cough and I pull away from Dean. "You okay?" He asked me, concerned. "Yeah...just...felt like something was in my throat." I said as cough again then tried my best to stop. "Well, okay, I'm gonna hit the hay." He said and I nod. "I'll be there in a second." I said and he walks out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him and I start to cough a bit harder.

Once I stopped, I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed some blood on the corner of my mouth. I gasped at this then wiped it away with a tissue before I looked myself over one more time, with worry, then left the bathroom to head to bed.

One Week Later

Dean, Peyton and Ben were looking through some wooden box while I was in the control room, typing away on my laptop. Claire and Ryder were playing with Ace as they throw a ball for Ace to fetch, he'd bark happily every now and then and the kids would giggle as they continue to throw the ball.

"What the hell is this?" Dean asked as he holds up a small rectangular box with a glass lid. He sighs then reads the contents of the box. "Spear of Destiny? What is this -- God's toothpick?" Dean asked. "You know, would it have killed these asshats to label these boxes in something other than hieroglyphics? It's ridiculous." He grumbles and I shake my head and continue to type on the laptop.

"Hey. You listening to me?" Dean's voice calls out to me and I look over at him. "Yeah. It's, uh..." I said before I clear my throat. "Fascinating stuff." I said as I see Peyton opening another smaller box and looks like a Faberge egg. "You should probably, uh, write it all down in your journal for the archives, you know?" I said to her before I clear my throat again.