𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 ~ 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 { 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 }

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟖𝟕𝟎

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐢𝐝𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐟𝐫. 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤! 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐯𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐰.𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐨, 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐳𝐲

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

The rumbling of thunder and the quiet pitter patter of raindrops was heard throughout the Gryffindor common room: a place that most students resided in on a gloomy Saturday such as this one. Some found comfort around the warm crackling fireplace with a book in hand, while others lay in their dorms, completely miserable that their precious day off was ruined by the weather.

You, however, were doing none of the above. Your best friend Lily Evans had dragged you off to the quidditch pitch with her so that she could watch her boyfriend practice with the rest of the team. Being the good friend that you were, you agreed despite the dark looming clouds. By the time you sat in the stands, the rain had started pouring down on all of you. The captain refused to let the team call it a day, which meant that Lily refused to go back inside. You didn't want to leave her on her own, so you reluctantly stayed by her side, holding up an umbrella in one hand and a book in the other.

During the break, Lily headed down to see James, leaving you with some peace and quiet. You loved her to death, but that girl would go on about her boyfriend for hours if you let her. You could hear the team chatting below, but the heavy rain and strong winds were drowning out a lot of the sound.

Those same strong winds caused your umbrella to fly out of your hand and hit a boy sitting nearby right in the face. You hadn't even noticed his presence until now. He was also reading, and your umbrella smacked his book right out of his hands, along with a bunch of loose papers. You gasped at the sight, covering your mouth with your hand.

"Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry!" You shoved your own book into your bag, rushing over to help pick up the fallen papers. The wind was picking up most of the pages, causing them to fly out of reach. The boy was sitting there, a bit stunned at what just happened. He watched his papers fly away, though his expression was strangely calm for the situation he was in.

You reached out to hand him whatever papers you were able to save, only then getting a good look at his face. "Lupin! I'm so sorry, truly. The wind- it just came out of nowhere and swept the umbrella out of my hands."

He took the papers, offering you a warm smile. "It's alright, accidents happen. It wasn't your fault."

"I really hope those papers weren't important. Were they? You asked, sitting next to him. Despite only being exposed to the rain for a few moments, the rain had thoroughly drenched you in a matter of seconds.

He shuffled closer to you, sharing his own umbrella with you and shaking his head. "Just notes for an exam. I can rewrite them."

"That makes me feel so much worse. Notes for an exam are important." You grimaced, shaking your head in embarrassment.

"Really, it's no trouble. Though I'm wondering what you're doing out here, especially on such a rainy day. I saw you with Lily, so I'm assuming she brought you along with her. James and Sirius always force me to come too. I know you aren't usually at these practices, and you don't come to many matches either." He tucked his book and the remaining papers into his bag.

"She begged me to come with her. Otherwise I'd be comfortably enjoying the warmth of my bed right now. But here I am, now soaking wet and shivering because I'm such a great friend."

"How rude of me. Here, hold this for me?" He handed the umbrella to you before pulling off his coat.

"You don't have to do that. Especially after I just smacked you in the face with my umbrella."

"Nonsense. You'll catch a cold." He stated, placing his jacket on your shoulders for some extra warmth before taking the umbrella back.

"I appreciate it, thank you." You smiled, putting your arms through the sleeves and wrapping the front around yourself. As you inhaled, the smell of cinnamon, parchment, and a distant hint of chocolate filled your nostrils.

"Have some tea. Surely it'll warm you up." He reached into his bag, pulling out a warm thermos. He opened it up, offering it to you. It smelt strongly of cinnamon, and the steam emanating from the top was enticing enough for you to accept it. You sipped it carefully, allowing the warmth of it to settle the chills running through your body.

"You're too kind, Lupin."

"Please, just call me Remus." He smiled at you, before returning his gaze to the field. It seemed as though practice was resuming, but Lily was still nowhere to be found. "I don't see James." He spoke again.

"I don't see Lily, either. How much would you like to bet they've run off somewhere together for a quick snog?"

"Although he's the team captain, I wouldn't be surprised at all. He probably told them to get started without him." He chuckled.

"If they can ditch the practice that we were coerced into coming to, why can't we?" You inquired, looking at him.

"I suppose you're right. I do fancy a warm butterbeer right now. Shall we?"

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 ??