𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 ~ 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 { 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 }

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟔𝟓𝟎

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

The quidditch pitch was far behind you as you walked beside Remus towards The Three Broomsticks. The raindrops pattered softly against the umbrella he shared with you, and your footsteps splashed through puddles as you approached the cosy pub. He opened the door for you, shutting the umbrella as he did so.

"Thanks." You spoke, stepping inside the warm, dimly lit haven. The smell of butterbeer and pumpkin pasties filled your nostrils, bringing you a sense of comfort that washed over anyone that entered.

You picked a booth in the back corner, sliding in. Remus sat across from you, clasping his hands on the table. "What would you like?"

"I think a nice butterbeer will do." You replied.

"I agree."

Madam Rosmerta, the owner, approached you two with a cheery smile. "It's nice to see some friendly faces on such a dreary day like this. What would you like?"

"Two butterbeers and two treacle tarts, please." Remus responded with a polite smile.

"Coming right up." She answered, before heading off to prepare the order.

"I don't know much about you, Remus. I know that you hang out with Potter, Black, and Pettigrew, but that's about it. You're quite reserved."

"I'm more of a private person in comparison to them. Though I do indulge in their pranks, I can't say I'm as obnoxious as them. Well, James and Sirius. They're the crazy ones." He chuckled.

"I can definitely see that. Lily tells me you're the smartest person she knows. I don't doubt it, I've seen how highly respected you are by our professors."

He smiled bashfully, fiddling with one of the rings on his fingers. "I do enjoy studying, honestly. I'm quite interested in Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"I'm not surprised. Though I think I'm more of a herbology person. Something about working with magical plants is so intriguing." You responded.

"Herbology certainly is fascinating." He agreed.

Madam Rosmerta returned with the drinks and tarts, placing them on the table. "Enjoy!"

Remus lifted his mug of butterbeer. "To spontaneous rainy day adventures."

You grinned at him, clinking your mug with his before taking a sip. The warm liquid was the perfect temperature to soothe your soul, bringing you a sense of comfort. Remus himself emanated a cosy feeling, and he was so effortlessly charming that you felt as if you had known him forever.

"I certainly didn't expect this day to go like this. I thought I was just going to be miserable and cold."

"I'm glad it went like this, though. I'm enjoying my time with you." He smiled, and you found yourself literally getting lost in his kind eyes. He was surely one of a kind, as you'd never met anyone as calm and comforting as him. You felt an unspoken connection with him, and you opened your mouth to speak, but a familiar voice interrupted your thoughts.

"I found them!" Lily called out to James, excitedly hurrying over. Her hair was soaked and messy from the rain, and James stood next to her, grinning broadly.

"What's going on here?" James questioned suggestively.

"Yeah, is there something we don't know about?" Lily asked, beaming at the two of you.

"Y/n and I just decided that if you two could run off during the practise you two forced us to come to, then we could run off too." Remus shrugged, shuffling over to allow James to sit next to him. You did the same, letting Lily sit next to you.

"Well look at us, on a double date, huh?" Lily nudged you with her elbow.

You rolled your eyes playfully. "It's not a date, weirdo."

Remus clutched his chest, pouting jokingly. "It's not? I'm hurt."

Your cheeks immediately heated up, despite his joking manner. "Well I-"

"I'm just teasing, Y/n. It technically is not a date, but...I wouldn't mind making it one."

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────