𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 ~ 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐡𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟕𝟖𝟎

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞?

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

The stands of the Quidditch pitch were roaring with life as you dove down on your broom, catching the snitch and ending the last match of the year. The Hufflepuff crowd cheered and waved banners around in excitement, while the Gryffindor spectators groaned and accepted their disappointing defeat. As your team was announced the victors of this year's Quidditch Cup, you soared down to the field with the rest of your teammates to celebrate.

Amid the celebrations, you couldn't help but glance over at the Gryffindor team, who was mourning their loss. James, your supposed "rival" looked completely disheartened, his dismay evident on his face. You exchanged a glance, and offered him a sympathetic smile as a truce, but he couldn't return favour.

He trudged off the field with the rest of his team, and you shrugged off his reaction, continuing to celebrate with your friends.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

A few days had passed since the last game, and the parties were finally beginning to die down. However, your housemates insisted on one last bash to end off the year together before most of you graduated.

You were on your way back to your dorm after dinner to get ready for the party when you bumped into Sirius in the hall. You hadn't seen him or any of the other Marauders since the Quidditch cup, though you hadn't noticed that until now.

"Oi, Y/n. I need to talk to you." Sirius spoke, putting his hands on his hips.

"What about?" You questioned, folding your arms.

"What have you done to James?"

You stared at him in confusion, racking your brain. "What do you mean? I haven't done anything to him."

"Merlin, I've never seen him so down before. All he does is mope around our dorm."

"He can't seriously still be so upset about the match." You replied in disbelief.

"Maybe if we had lost to Slytherin he'd be less glum, but of course he had to lose to you."

"What's that supposed to mean? What's the difference?" You asked defensively.

"How could he not be upset when he fancies you as much as he does?" His eyes widened at his own statement, and he smacked a hand over his mouth. "Forget I said anything. Enjoy your party." He rushed off without giving you time to react, leaving you absolutely dumbfounded in the corridor.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

As you got ready for the party, you couldn't stop thinking about what Sirius said. Did James really have a crush on you? How had you not noticed? You thought this whole time that his playful banter with you during matches was just team rivalry.

You decided to confirm whether or not what Sirius said was true, grabbing your broom on the way out of your dorm.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

James was busy laying in bed and sulking when he heard a knock on his dorm window. He walked over, inspecting the source of the sound. As he looked out, he spotted you, sitting on your broom and hovering right next to the glass.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing?" He questioned as he opened the window.

"I'm here to get you off your ass." As you spoke, you flew right through the window and into his room, hopping off of your broom.

"You're bloody insane, you know that?" He said, fighting back the smile that was curling the corners of his lips upward.

"You're the insane one. You're so upset about losing that you haven't had the courage to face me since the match. That's not very "big brave Gryffindor" of you, James."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "That's easy for you to say. You're the one that won."

"Sirius might've let it slip that you fancy me. Is that true?"

Surprise and panic flashed across his face, though he tried to play it cool. "What? That's not true in the slightest."

"Is that so? Because I've never seen you so deeply upset about losing before."

"So you admit that you watch me?"

"I never said that. I'm just saying, it's hard to not notice." You shrugged. "But anyway. I came to invite you to the Hufflepuff party tonight. Like, right now."

"And why would I be interested in attending this party?"

"Oh, shut up and get dressed." You quipped. "I'll be waiting outside of your common room."

"Fine." He said with false reluctance, grabbing some clothes out of his trunk.

You mounted your broom, flying out the window but remaining near the opening.

"Oh, and James?"

"Yeah?" He turned to look at you.

"Dress nicer than that. It's a date."

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨...?