Chapter 5: Resilience II

Third POV.

The men wearing the odd suits leave the bank first, then the man in the mecha. Rupert claims that the guys in the peculiar suits are armed with peculiar weaponry that resembles the Atlesian Knight droids' weapons in every way. Additionally, they have certain similarities with them.

Regarding the mech suit wearer, he had two bags full of lien in his possession

Regarding the mech suit wearer, he had two bags full of lien in his possession. Slowly fading from the bank's demolished entryway was the grey cloud of smoke that had encircled them. He held the two bags of lien in his hands and laughed.

"Good job, my friends!" He remarked as he peered down at the strangely dressed individuals who were giving him their bizarre stares. They wore weird emblems that were unfamiliar to the rest of the Remnant on one side of their helmets. Their suits and weapons also gave off an almost unearthly impression as to where they came from. Except for the man in the mecha, everything about the men in the strange suits seemed nonnative to Remnant.

"Gentlemen, trust me when I say this

"Gentlemen, trust me when I say this. You two make me so proud! I had no idea how much simpler that went than I had expected." The mecha suit wearer continued to giggle as he held the bags of Lien in his hands. "What about the remainder of the Lien? Have you gathered it as well?" Unzipping a duffel bag, one of the men in the peculiar costumes takes out an assortment of Lien. The man smiles while peering into the bag from behind the Mecha's helmet.

"Good work, my friend, really good work." He laughed, bashing his balled-up fists together, "With this much Lien in my possession, my funding for my project will soar."

"And what about the dust?" As the other man in the odd apparel zips up the duffel bag and slings it on his back, he turns to face the other man. The metallic briefcase is taken by the other man in the odd outfit, who opens it to reveal various types of dust inside. "Good." Before the man in the peculiar clothes closes the briefcase, the man in the mecha says while tracing his fingers across the dust.

"Very well, let's get going, my friends; let's not spend any more time here than we need to. We must flee before the cops show up and-" but before he could finish, the sound of approaching police sirens in the distance slowly became audible to the ears. The man in the mecha suit sighs in frustration, "Dammit."