Chapter 7: Enrollment

Rupert's POV

"All I am saying is that you didn't have to knock my headphones out of my head like that, ma'am." To make my headphones the center of attention, I remarked while holding them up in my hand. However, despite my best efforts to draw her attention to the headphones, the blonde woman continued to ignore them. In all honesty, I believe that she simply didn't give a damn. Either she was going to say, "A pair of broken headphones are the least of your concerns," or, "You can always go buy another pair," and yes, I could have worried more about what I was getting myself into, or, yes, I could have easily purchased a new pair. But it doesn't work that way.

She finally said, "A pair of broken headphones are the least of your concerns." It turns out that I was right.

Having already anticipated that response, I sighed, squeezed my eyes tight, and slowly set my headphones on the table. I assume she doesn't put up with nonsensical conduct, but would I be surprised if it were the case given how she appears to me and how she is dressed? No. The fact that she didn't care that she nearly broke my headphones when she smacked that riding crop on my head also serves as further evidence that she has already made it crystal clear how her character works. "Let's get back to the current matter, please. This."

A tablet is placed on the table and pushed in my direction as she comes to a stop across from the table. I swung my hand out and stopped it as it got close. After I briefly turned to face her, her emerald eyes caught mine, and she brushed her hand on the shaft of the riding crop as she nodded at me. That was perhaps her way of saying, "Go ahead."

I retrieved the tablet from the table and cocked my head to look at it as I brought my gaze back down

I retrieved the tablet from the table and cocked my head to look at it as I brought my gaze back down. It was a recording of me fighting The Mecha and the men in the peculiar costumes.

"Dammit, I knew there were cameras. Before I fought those three oddballs, I probably ought to have made sure I took 'em all out." Loudly, I said. However, I put my fist over my mouth, realizing what I had done. I see the blonde woman giving me a serious look when I look up.

"What was that?!" she yells, her brows furrowed in anger, as were her eyes, which squinted with the same rage as the rest of her face as she walked over to my side of the table. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I cowered in fear, shielding myself with my arms as she stopped halfway on the side of the table. Her glare however remained in its place.

"Okay, I'm sorry that I worded it that way. It's just that I didn't want to be seen on camera." I said, hoping it would cover up my error. She gave me one more instant of her attention before she nodded and started to pace back and forth.

"Very well. Furthermore, you don't need to worry about being captured on video because the Atlas Military will seize and hold all recorded media of the altercation." I arched an eyebrow as I heard what she said. "I'm sorry, what? seized by the Atlas Military? Why are they getting a hold of it?" I ask, puzzled as to the purpose of providing the Atlas Military with the video of the fight, the only copy anyway. "Don't worry, the footage itself does not concern you, but rather the individuals in question whom you fought tonight." My anxiety was reduced by the statement made by the blonde woman.