Chapter 6: Resilience III

Rupert's POV.

As I cautiously walked toward the trio—the two that were still there, at least—I slung King's Legacy across my back. I popped my fingers and neck as I walked up, pulling my scroll from my pocket and searching through my playlist for another tune to listen to. 'Hmm, sure, this one seems ideal,' I thought to myself as I tapped on the music, smirking beneath my mask.

The new song was booming from my headphones as I pulled King's Legacy from its scabbard and thrashed it around playfully but with the utmost care. Meanwhile, the man in the mecha suit walked over to the other man wearing the weird suit, grabbed him by the collar, and lifted him to his feet. 

"Come on, other Conrad, get up, get up, and go at 'em! Get him! You did say our transportation would arrive shortly, right? So, until they arrive, take care of that little asshole. I'll look after this other Conrad until our ride gets here." The mecha suit-wearing man stated as he picked up the second "Conrad" off the ground and tossed him over his shoulder. The other "Conrad" approached me and stepped on his rifle's stock, causing it to fly up. He caught it by its frame and then took a shooting stance, aiming it at me. "The person who goes by the name 'Huntsman' shall now be destroyed." The thug continued, "Be prepared for the termination procedure."

I arched an eyebrow, but soon after, I assumed a fighting position and held the blade in front of me. He yelled, "Opening fire," as a hail of red-glowing bolts flew my way. All of the bolts ricocheted off my sword and crashed into the walls of the nearby buildings as I rushed to the Conrad, breaking some of the nearby car and store windows in the process. I severed the rifle's barrel when I was within striking distance.

I re-sheathed King's Legacy and used it as a bat after placing it back in its sheath. I beat the end of the scabbard into his stomach, then drop to my knees and fire a wind Dust bullet into his gut, propelling him into the air.

I point the end of the scabbard towards the ground in front of my feet, pull the trigger, and launch myself into the air with another wind Dust bullet. When I finally caught up to the Conrad, I began whipping my scabbard all over his body and bashing it into various parts of him. His moans of anguish echoed as I continued to knock him out senselessly. But then I pondered: Would using a little Dust be that wrong? So I did just that.

I shot a wind bullet into his torso to shoot him higher into the air whenever he came flying close to me. I transformed him pretty much into a rag doll. What if, however, I used a different Dust?

I exchanged Dust munitions using my semblance at super-fast speeds—speeds that no one has ever been able to match—in the span of a single eyeblink. "Shall we give some fire Dust a try?" I chuckled to myself as I fired a fire Dust bullet at him, sending him even higher into the air. However, as I watched his body whirl around as he descended and heard his robotic scream reverberate as he fell, I almost burst out laughing.

I used my semblance once again when I landed on a building's rooftop and quickly switched Dust munitions to Wind Dust. I thought as I pointed the scabbard at the rooftop's ground and fired a wind Dust bullet that propelled me into the air, Well, I suppose you did have enough for one night.

He turned to face me when I suddenly appeared next to him, and I waved back. We both came flying down to the ground, with me flying directly above his body. I shoot the scabbard at him while aiming it at him, causing his body to collapse back to the ground and cause an audible groan of pain. The man in the weird suit moaned between agonizing groans, "The suitable phrase used to communicate a painful experience of the planet that is known as "Remnant" is "Ow". I raise his chin to gaze at me while placing the toe of my shoe on it.