chapter three: his friends

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

that next morning, i woke up to the sound of my alarm. switching it off, i glanced over at nikis bed to see him still fast asleep. i was surprised that my alarm hadn't woken him.

he lay like a heap of messy limbs, with one half of his duvet pushed off the side of the bed. he wasn't a snorer, although his breathing was a little heavy.

quietly, i got up from the sofa and made my way towards the bathroom.

after showering and changing into my new uniform, i reopened the bathroom door to see niki stood outside with his arms folded.

"took your time," he grunted.

his hair was messy, and his face was a little swollen from only just waking up. it was a cute but attractive look on him.

"you can't complain, you've only just woken up," i shot him a slightly judgmental look as i brushed myself past him.

"whatever," he entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

i made my way back towards the bedroom, sitting myself down on top of the carpet in front of his mirror. i had my makeup set out in front of me, in which i began to apply.

i hummed to myself as i did so, but was soon interrupted by nikis reappearance a couple minutes later.

he eyed me carefully as he walked past me to reach his wardrobe.

"don't get your makeup on my carpet," he said.

i rolled my eyes at his comment. i don't think a little makeup would do much, considering his floor was already covered with rubbish.

as i began applying my mascara, i glanced up at his reflection from within the mirror. he was stood behind with his back to me.

i gulped a little awkwardly once he began pulling his pyjama shirt up over the top of his head. soon, his upper body was completely bare, revealing his golden skin and perfectly defined shoulders.

i shook my thoughts off, quickly focusing my gaze back down to my own reflection once he pulled on a hoodie. clearly he was oblivious to my reaction, due to him being so unfazed.

he ran a hand through his hair, just as i'd finished my makeup. grabbing his bag, he walked over towards the door.

"it's 8, i'm leaving," he spoke bluntly.

i quickly scrambled to my feet, grabbing my bag and following him out into the hallway.

"bye mom!" niki called out as we passed the kitchen.

"have a good day!" she called back.

my dad poked his head around the door, just before me and niki left. he shot me a small wave, before i stepped out into the broad daylight.

"do you get the bus to school?" i asked niki, following him down the path like a lost puppy.

"no, i walk. i ain't lazy like you."

i gasped at his remark, "excuse me!?"

he glanced at me from over his shoulder, sniggering at his own 'joke'. i rolled my eyes, following him down the street.

"so, um," i began, "what's your school like?"

he shrugged, "like any other school, i guess."

i sighed at his lack of response.

"you're a slow walker," he spoke up out of nowhere.

my eyes snapped up, meeting the back of his head.