chapter ten: cuddles

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"i tried to end things with liv today, since you wouldn't help me fake cheat on her," he spoke with a slightly sarcastic tone in his voice.

i rolled my eyes.

"i was right, she wouldn't even let me break up with her," he sighed, "i'm stuck with her, and it's making me wanna barf."

i couldn't helped but slip a small laugh, "wow, you really don't like her do you?"

"of course not."

"well, if you still wanna do the whole fake cheating thing, then why don't you find a girl to do it with at the party?"

"it would be so much easier if it was with you, though," a small frown appeared across his lips.

"that's not gonna happen, i told you already."

he fell silent, as if he was sick of the whole situation anyway. i didn't blame him of course, who wouldn't be? if i was in his position, i'd also be tired to death of liv.

all of a sudden, he slowly lifted a hand out from beneath the duvet. my heart began racing once the soft skin of his finger tips made contact with my cheek. he caressed it softly, taking his time while doing so.

"you're beautiful, you know?" his deep voice breathed out quietly.

my chest burnt up, suddenly overcoming completely flustered. my lips stayed glued together as his words repeated over and over in my head. 'you're beautiful, you know?... you're beautiful, you know?... you're beautiful, you know?...'

"if our parents weren't engaged..." he continued, "i would have been all over you by now."

i swallowed hard, my heart beating at an extremely unnormal pace.

"you would have been mine already, whether liv likes it or not... would have kissed you already, would have been treating you like a real princess already, would have fuc-"

i smacked a hand over his mouth, preventing him from going any further. his deep voice vibrated beneath my hand as he released a gravelly chuckle.

"let's talk about something else," my face burnt up with embarrassment.

"okay..." he grinned to himself, "...let's talk about how fucking perfect you look in your bridesmaid dress. that's the only pro about our parents getting married."

"you like it?"

"i love it. pink is your colour, it's cute."

i couldn't help but slip a shy giggle.

he rose an eyebrow, "oh? was that a giggle, huh?"

"w-what? no," i shook my head quickly, before mentally scolding myself.

"didn't think you could get any more cute, guess i was wrong," he teased, a smirk resting carelessly upon his thick lips.

that's when i caught onto how desperately i actually wanted to kiss him. the temptation only seemed to increase with each day that past, and it was finally becoming a real challenge to fight off the urge.

"you want to kiss me."

it was like he could read my mind.

"i can read your mind so easily."

holy fuck.

"no i don't," i answered with slight hesitation.

"yes you do. i know you do."

"stop," i rolled my eyes, pulling my face away from his hand, "i'm going to sleep now."

"you know yourself that you won't be able to fall asleep with the thought of wanting to kiss me going round and round in your head," he continued to tease me, a huge grin plastered across his face.

"yes i will," i sighed, rolling over to face away from him, "i'll be asleep before you know it."

"oh really?" you could practically hear the smirk on his face.

he shuffled closer towards me, pressing his chest up against my back. he knew that i was uncomfortable but that didn't make him stop.

wrapping a strong arm around my waist, he slowly pushed his hand up beneath my top and began tracing small circles upon the bare skin of my stomach. it was comforting, but there was still a guilty emotion running through me which i couldn't seem to shake off.

i smacked his hand away, but all he did was pull me even closer. my back was pretty much glued to his chest at this point as he kept a firm grip around my middle.

"if i'm not gonna get a kiss, than a cuddle will have to do..." he chuckled, burying his face into the back of my hair.

i bit my lip, trying to contain my smile. i tried my best to trick myself into thinking i didn't like lying in this position, but it was in fact quite the opposite. i loved this, and i never wanted him to let go.

"goodnight," i whispered quietly.

"goodnight, cutie."

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

i'm sorry its been so long since i last updated😅 i've been so busy but i'll try my best to catch up!

all your comments are making me so happy though!!🥹