chapter five: argument

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

the game begun. nikis team players began passing the ball around, dribbling it in between their legs whilst slowly making their way closer towards our net.

niki soon had ahold of the ball, his eyes focused upon their goal. liv rushed over and stopped in front of him, flashing him huge puppy dog eyes. niki shot her a slightly disgusted look before swiftly brushing past her.

she gasped in disbelief, watching as he urged on closer towards our side.

this was my chance to stop him.

i rushed over when he was least expecting it, before hitting the ball out from his hands and dribbling it back down towards the other side of the hall.

glancing over his shoulder with his jaw dropped, he stood like a complete statue.

i grinned to myself, continuing to make my way further down towards the opposite end in which my teams net was held. everyone in my team began cheering me on, the adrenaline was rushing through me like a bullet.

once i reached the end, i jumped and threw the ball directly into the net. luckily, it didn't miss. our team gained a point!

one of my teammates scurried on over to pat my back. i couldn't believe i'd actually scored us a point.

i glanced over towards niki who hadn't moved from his stood position at the opposite side of the hall. a small smirk lingered upon his lips as he watched me intently.

taking a seat back at the side, niki walked over and plopped himself down beside me.

"well done," he smiled.

"what can i say, i'm just amazing," i grinned, watching as the next two teams got to their feet to start a new game.

"i wouldn't be so cocky about it, if i were you," niki rested his head back against the wall as he stared at the side of my face.

"why not?" i turned to face him.

"you had a little help."

"by who?" i cocked my head in confusion.

"me."

"you?"

"mhm," he nodded, chuckling, "i could clearly see you out the corner of my eye, that's why i got so close to you. i made sure my grip around the ball was extra loose so that you could easily take over."

i huffed, folding my arms and slouching back against the wall, "so you're saying i didn't do well?"

"no, you did. i just wanted to help out a bit."

"but, why?"

he shrugged, "i wanted to see you do well, and it worked."

his eyes seemed to gaze so deeply into mine as he spoke, to the point i hadn't properly taken in what he'd said. they seemed to penetrate mine so sharply, it was almost nicely intimidating.

the fact he seemed to comfortable with doing so was what flustered me the most. my heart began beating at the speed of lighting, my stomach filling up with a slight tingling sensation.

the silence between us only seemed to intensify this current moment. so, i quickly snapped my head back to the front, focusing my gaze upon the students in front of me.

i overheard him chuckling to himself at my reaction, before slowly facing back towards the front himself. he definitely knew what he was doing.

"niki!" a voice called out.

i looked up to see liv making her way over. once she reached us, she sat herself down upon nikis lap.

i watched it take place, and that's when i caught niki rolling his eyes at her sudden appearance. she snaked an arm around his neck, pecking the side of his cheek several times over and over.

nikis face looked almost emotionless as she did so, his eyes not leaving off from the game in front.

"baby, why didn't you pass the ball to me? i even looked cute for you, and you just ignored me," liv pouted.

"you're not on my team, for a start," niki said, not taking a single glance up at her.

"but im your girlfriend, you should want to help me out."

"well, i didn't want to," niki shrugged.

i couldn't help but allow a small smile to slip. niki hadn't even wanted to help out his own girlfriend during the game, but helped me out instead. my heart began beating a little faster at the thought.

i glanced back at him, his eyes locking with mine at the exact same time. at this point, my heart had officially burst open completely. a small smile rose to his lips, in which liv took a quick noticing to.

her eyes flickered in between niki and i, whilst the two of us sat staring at each other with a small smile.

"what the hell?" liv furrowed her eyebrows, "i'm trying to make conversation with you, and all you can do is stare at your sister!?"

"i can stare at whoever i want," niki grunted, glancing back at her.

"you can only stare at me, no one else!" she exclaimed.

"whatever," niki rolled his eyes, before giving her a slight nudge as a hint to get off from his lap.

"what has gotten into you recently?" she huffed, dramatically stumbling off nikis lap to make it seem as if he'd pushed her harder than he had.

niki didn't answer her question, he'd completely ignored her. his eyes focused back upon the game in front.

"hello?" liv waved a hand in front of his face, "i'm talking to you!"

niki didn't even flinch.

liv turned to me, fire raging within her dark eyes, "this is all your fault."

"what?" my jaw dropped in disbelief.

"don't act dumb, you bitch," she took a step closer, "my boyfriend hasn't been the same ever since you arrived."

"leave her out of this, it's got nothing to do with her," niki finally spoke up.

"it's got everything to do with her!" she argued, "she's taking you away from me, and she's doing it on purpose."

"she's not doing anything on purpose. don't be jealous, liv," niki sighed.

"jealous!?" she scoffed, "i'm not jealous, you're being a jerk. and you..." she turned to me, "...you're a crazy bitch."

"that's enough!" niki rose his voice, "don't speak to her like that ever again."

"or what, huh?" she questioned, "it's not like you could ever fancy her, anyway. she's literally your stepsister."

"liv, i don't fancy her," niki rolled his eyes, "you need to grow up."

she balled her fists up angrily before storming off out of the gym hall.

once she was completely out of sight, i turned to niki, "i'm sorry if i started anything between you two."

"no, you didn't. she's always been a bitch," he chuckled.

"you're into those types of girls?" i laughed a little.

"no, definitely not," he shook his head, "i fell for her fake side when she used to be all sweet and innocent. once i truly got to know her, i realised i'd made a huge mistake."

i nodded. i hadn't wanted to ask anything more incase i sounded too nosy.

i also wondered why he was still with her if he was clearly unhappy in their relationship.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

i hope you're enjoying the story so far!! please comment and vote for my chapters!!🫶🏻🫶🏻