chapter eight: fake cheat

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"have you turned mute?" he teased.

"i'm gonna sleep now," i quickly shook his hand off from my waist, before rolling over and scooting back over to my side of the bed.

i definitely liked niki, he wasn't wrong there. but, it was still wrong due to multiple reasons. i guess we can only talk about it, but it could never go any further.

"but we weren't finished talking," niki said.

"goodnight."

"whatever," he sighed, rolling back over towards his side.

my heart ached a little at the fact i'd upset him, but it was only for the best.

the next morning, i woke up to the sound of akari hoovering the hallway just outside of nikis bedroom. i groaned in annoyance.

i rolled over to see how niki had once again stolen the whole duvet. i rolled my eyes at him, although he wouldn't be able to see since he was still fast asleep. he must be a pretty heavy sleeper considering the hoover was blasting loudly outside the room.

i quietly got out of bed, before leaving the room to go get ready in the bathroom.

"good morning," akari smiled once i walked past her, "did you sleep okay?"

"i did, thank you."

after washing up in the bathroom, i made my way back to nikis room. he was still fast asleep with his long limbs sprawled out across the entire bed. since he wasn't awake, i could probably get away with changing in here without him noticing.

grabbing my uniform, i quickly slipped my top off pulled on my school shirt. i buttoned it up quickly, glancing over my shoulder to make sure he was still fast asleep.

slipping off my pyjama bottoms, i reached for my school skirt, when all of a sudden i flinched at an unexpected voice.

"nice undies," a tired, groggy voice chuckled from over upon his bed.

i quickly held my skirt up in front of me, covering myself up.

"you're acting like i didn't already see," a small smirk rose to nikis lips as he sat up.

"shut up," i told him, "close your eyes."

he sighed, covering his eyes with his hands, "why are you even changing in here anyway?"

"because you were asleep, so i thought you wouldn't see," i groaned in annoyance, quickly pulling my skirt up, "okay, you can look now."

he released his palms away from his face, before brushing a hand through his hair and yawning.

he looked really good first thing in the morning. i tried not to stare but i just couldn't help myself.

"what is it?" he asked, catching me off guard.

"what's what?" i quickly looked away, walking over towards the mirror to start my makeup.

"you were staring at me."

"no i wasn't."

i watched his reflection from within the mirror as he got out of bed and slowly walked up behind me. i tried to pretend as if i hadn't noticed him doing so, continuing to apply my makeup.

he stepped in behind me, before lowering his face down beside my ear. our eyes both met through the mirror, a small smile resting upon his lips.

"you were staring at me because you think i'm hot," his voice mumbled teasingly.

"no i wasn't," i turned around and gently nudged him away.

"you're so bad at lying, you know that right?" he chuckled, walking over towards the door to go wash up in the bathroom.

once he was finally out of the room, i took a deep breath and sighed before carrying on with my hair and makeup.

"he's gonna be the death of me..." i muttered to myself.

once niki and i were both ready, we left the house for school. we soon arrived, and so i followed him over towards his friends.

"y/n and niki are here!" sunoo beamed.

to be honest, he seemed more happy to see me than niki which i thought was cute.

"one of the other students is hosting a house party tomorrow night, are you coming?" jake asked niki.

"hell yeah, i'm coming," niki grinned.

"y/n, you're invited too," jake turned to me.

"yeah, you should totally come!" sunoo added.

"sure, why not."

whilst we were on our way to first period, niki pulled me to the side to speak to me privately. the corridor was busy so it was probably a bad idea, but he'd done so anyway.

"there's something i need to do, but i need your help."

"what is it?"

all of a sudden, someone accidentally knocked niki from behind. he stumbled forward, landing on top of me with my back against the wall.

his whole body was pressed against me, my face only just poking out from in front of his shoulder. his chest was so warm as he completely trapped me in between him and the wall. his cologne sweetly seeped through in between my nostrils, making my heart flutter.

"shit, i'm sorry," he slowly stepped back.

"no no, it's okay," i laughed awkwardly.

i almost wished he hadn't pulled away.

"anyway, what were you saying?" i asked, my eyes darting around to avoid meeting his.

"i'm breaking up with liv, i need your help."

my eyes widened in shock, "huh!? why?"

"isn't it obvious?" he chuckled.

i thought back to the other day; her argument with niki over the slightest misunderstanding, and then her bitchy attitude towards everyone else which niki seemed to be truly sick of.

"how am i supposed to help?" i asked.

"well, liv would never want to break up. if i was straight up honest with her, i know for a fact she'd deny it until i'd be forced to stay with her... which is why, i need to fake cheat on her. it's the only way she'd want to end things with me."

"so you want to fake cheat on her, with me?" i sighed, rolling my eyes.

"well, i say fake, but, you know it's what i really wanna do," a small smirk rose to his face, his eyes dropping down to my lips.

"i cant do that, im sorry," i shook my head, "i know she's a bad person, but doing this will only make me one, too."

he groaned in frustration, "please?"

"no," i said, "and that's final. it's such a bad idea. it'll only start more drama."

"fine," he rolled his eyes, turning and walking away.

i quickly scurried after him to make sure he wouldn't leave me behind in the bustling corridor.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

thank you for the votes and comments, i really appreciate it and it makes me so happy!!! 💖💖