Panic Attacks

Similar like White Fear with Marinette going through a lot of trauma, this time it's Adrien/Cat Noir going through trauma and panic attacks of the night he was forced to cataclysm Monarch. He's never had so much fear in him of nearly killing a person.

This is a reference of how I experience my first panic attacks, high stress levels, and rapid palpitations back in 2018. It wasn't a very good feeling to have, especially waiting for palpitations to go away on its own for a week. 

Characters belong to (c) Zagtoon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

During that night at the wax museum of confronting Monarch with the stolen miraculous, the heroes did manage to capture but failed to rescue the kwamis due to Monarch's suicidal attempt to force Cat Noir to cataclysm him and give him the chance to escape. No miraculous ladybugs to save Monarch from the cataclysm curse on his body. It traumatized the feline to be forced to live with that horrifying memory.

Every night it became an endless nightmare to the former model boy who barely stepped out of his room for a few days. It worried Nathalie but not Gabriel since he was too busy abusing the stolen kwamis to do as he said.

But now, it finally came to the day that Adrien did manage to come out of his room but he looked like crap with dark circles underneath his eyes and pale skin like he's seen a ghost. It worried Nathalie so much that he was in no condition to go to school but to see a doctor right now.

"I'm fine, Nathalie. It's not like my father cares how I am" Adrien said, still having rapid palpitations in his chest that haven't gone away for days. It was like he never experienced panic attacks and stress in his life until his body started to learn right now.

"No, you need to see a doctor at once," Nathalie said.

"You know what happens next, Nathalie. My father will fire you if he thinks I'm not well. He never brings me to the hospital or a doctor" Adrien said, trying to control his palpitations that are still under the side effects of stress.

"You're in no shape to be at school, I'll call for a doctor" Nathalie then dialed 112 to reach the hospital.

A while later, the doctor arrived to examine Adrien, listening to his heart and hearing his rapid heartbeat. It was no heart attack because heart attacks happen when the blood supply to a part of the heart is cut off due to a blockage in an artery. Palpitations are a feeling that the heart is beating very fast due to signs of panic attacks or anxiety.

"It's not a heart attack, ma'am. Nothing serious. Just palpitations caused by anxiety. I suggest he stays away from caffeine but be aware of his weight loss. Stress levels can disrupt his appetite" The doctor said to Nathalie.

"Very well" Nathalie replied.

"Understood doctor" Adrien puts his shirt back on.

"Where is his father?" The doctor asked.

"I'm sorry sir but he's busy with work. Is there something I can do to help Adrien?" Nathalie asked.

The doctor always knew Gabriel could be a difficult man to please, everyone knows that because he barely ever comes out of the mansion.

"I suggest a therapist or a friend he can trust to reduce anxiety levels. Someone who can understand him more and help him fight his stress levels before it consumes him. Palpitations are not severe but it can lead to chest pains" The doctor said.

"How about a friend of mine?" Adrien suggested

"Very well. Do you have a doctor's note so I can inform my boss?" Nathalie said.