Painful Truth

The next day, the doctors checked Adrien to be sure he could walk, run, breathe, and move around normally. So far his progress was coming good but the doctors were afraid to tell him the bad news of what was happening to Nathalie and his father. Nathalie only has maybe a week until she's....kicked the bucket. As for Gabriel, the court will have to decide who will have child custody for Adrien.

"Give me a moment to talk to him. The stress I was having needed to be let out on him. For what he put me through" Adrien said, still wearing the hospital gown along with his pants.

"Very well," The Doctor said.

Adrien heads in and is nearly panicked when he sees black stuff on his father's left arm spreading up his shoulder to his chest. The flashback of the incident that night came to him when Monarch forced him to cataclysm his arm.

"Necrosis, I should've known. That's why you wear gloves to hide it. To lie your way out of suspicions so I wouldn't know but to make a fool out of me" Adrien glared, so angry at himself for trusting his father for lying, manipulating him, abusing his life and decisions, and treating him as a tool instead of his own son.

"I was just protecting you, Adrien!" Gabriel said.

"No, you only want to lock me away from everything you put me through" Adrien sat down, looking away from him that his father was stubborn and a hypocrite on everything instead of being so responsible with himself that he missed out on Adrien's life.

Adrien kept quiet, hoping his father realized what he had done to Adrien and himself. Especially his rude behavior towards Adrien's friends and calling them a bad influence nearly made Adrien humiliated in public every time Gabriel called out on something embarrassing. But what pains him more is that he was Monarch the whole time. He kept his mouth shut from asking why he would terrorize innocent people, from toddlers to young and old adult victims.

"You like to make me feel miserable, Gabriel Agreste. Don't you? Or is it because I'm building my own happiness with the girl I love, and you want to take it away?" Adrien asked, unaware that he now wears two rings to gain his willpower.

Gabriel had a fake one since Felix switched it earlier, "You two aren't meant to be with each other" Gabriel said.

"Oh, like the way you and mom are from different worlds, your parents did the same to you? And now you're doing the same to me right now?" Adrien felt insulted by how he talked to him like that, "My mother once said if I love someone so much, I follow my heart. I know you are still grieving, father. Your behavior has made you something far worse than being my father" Adrien glanced at him.

Gabriel groans by sitting up, "I really missed out"

"Yes, you did. You never pay attention to me at all. It left me to feel hurt inside that I would be alone forever in that mansion. I fell in love with the girl I love and she loves me for me. If you got to know her, you would understand her more" Adrien said, no longer trusting his father anymore because of what he is now.

"Then it's too late for me to ask for forgiveness," Gabriel said.

"Oh, like I had to apologize for everything for you but you never apologized to me for what you did. Every blame you put on me, you should be the one blaming yourself. Whenever I do something wrong, you would ground me or break your promises. Every time I disobey you, I get this weird electric tingle inside me that makes me obey you. You have pulled my puppet strings long enough" Adrien looks away from him, unaware that he's a sentimonster human.

"I know. But you're not alone when I'm gone" Gabriel said.

"Technically I already lost my father a year ago because he was so busy with 'work', it felt like I was never perfect enough to be the son he wanted. My friends were right all along, I should've stayed with them in New York instead of leaving them. Let me ask you, how did you know there was an Akuma in New York? The news did not go worldwide" Adrien asked.