Neglected

The therapist came to visit Adrien and see how he was feeling. So far he doesn't look like he's having panic attacks but there was something on his face that doesn't seem like he's almost feeling better.

"So is there more you want to tell me?" The therapist asked.

"No one is gonna believe me, not even you," Adrien said.

"Okay, just put it more simply," The therapist said.

"I just....just can't help but feel extra protective of those I love, especially my girlfriend in danger. Recently it was because of my classmate who lies a lot. I've since then regretted telling my girlfriend that she should take the high road but I was wrong. Lila turned out to be more dangerous than I thought" Adrien explained how he should've known better than to let bad people like liars get away with it.

"And how specifically dangerous is she?" The therapist asked.

"As in influencing everyone to easily believe her without checking their facts. Like a witch has bewitched everyone" Adrien gave an example.

"I see. A pathological liar" The Therapist wrote it down.

"Yup. I never had a life outside when I was a kid like everyone my age. I guess I didn't learn that there are bad in some people who choose to be bad than good" Adrien said.

"But now you are adapting more outside the mansion. But yes, there are bad people much worse than akumas, Adrien" The therapist said.

"Yes, like terrorists" Adrien replied.

"And Monarch is a terrorist too. But as I can see now, something is happening in this mansion because of your father. Has he done something that made you feel upset?" Therapist asked.

"Yeah....but the question is can a parent hire a bad teenager to spy on me and separate my friends away from me?" Adrien asked.

"That would be considered illegal," The therapist said.

"So my father is indeed doing something cruel than being overprotective with what I do outside the mansion?" Adrien asked.

"Yes but as the powerful man he is, it's not easy to press charges," The Therapist said.

"My girlfriend once told me that sometimes doing what's right is better than doing the wrong reason for the right reason kind of deal," Adrien said.

"And what is your right reason?" Therapist asked.

"Fighting for my freedom than letting my father tell me what to do just because he tells me he's my father and what's best for me. My mother would have wanted me to continue living on and be free to build my own happiness" Adrien said.

The therapist wrote it down, "This is definitely emotional abuse your father is doing. If he keeps up with that, I will have to call for Child Protection service. I know you're afraid because he's the only family here in Paris but are there any relatives to support you?" The therapist asked.

"My aunt and cousin in London," Adrien said.

"Are they nice?" Therapist asked.

"My aunt is the twin sister of my late mother. My cousin...." Adrien did not want to go through the details of his betrayal and the Diamond Dance incident, "He's the opposite of me"

"I see" The therapist replied.

"They did want to permanently move to Paris to honor my mother but my father refused, sending them back to London. Man, it's like my frustration is believing that my father only wants perfection for himself" Adrien slumps on his bed.