HALF A HEART

This story idea was given by a dear friend of mine. Credit goes to her. 😊❤
--------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person's POV:

                                        It was the first time that she came to Indraprasth. Before that she had only heard many stories about it from her brother but never seen it by her own eyes. She was so excited to come there. Without that she had her new family in Indraprasth, and she really wanted to meet all of them.

She was nervous too. She didn't know how they all would react after seeing her, specially Maharani Draupadi. She was a nervous wreck thinking about her reaction only. After all she was the first wife of Rajkumar Arjun.

Maharani Draupadi had the biggest right on Rajkumar Arjun as well as the other Pandavas. What if she denied to accept her, and ordered her husband to return her to Dwarka? Her heart skipped a beat, thinking about the seperation from her husband.

"Don't you dare to enter the city with your new wife Rajkumar" A booming voice got Rajkumari Subhadra out of her trance. She shivered at the sudden voice and then moved the curtain of her palanquin a bit. And the person she saw made her awestruck.

At the main door of the city standing the most beautiful woman God had ever made. No wonder Pandavas were head over heels for her. Like who could resist such a fierce beauty. "Maharani Draupadi!" A whispered escaped Subhadra's mouth.

"Panchali, hear me out....."

"I don't want to listen to anything from you Arya" Her voice echoed inside Subhadra's ears as she cut Arjun off. "Your action is enough." She said and went back to the city.

Subhadra came down from her place and stood beside Arjun. "Maharani is angry on you. What shall we do now Arya?" She asked looking at Arjun with a concerned face.

Arjun thought something and then looked at her "Go, and get dressed as a milkmaid fast." He ordered. She just nodded her head and did what she was asked for without any question. She trust her husband and she knew he'd not do any injustice.

"Now go to Panchali as make her believe that you didn't come here to rule the city, you come here just as her maid." Arjun said as Subhadra was waiting for his next ordered.

She looked at her husband in astonishment. No, she didn't have any problem or ego issues to serve Draupadi for lifetime but the way her husband portrait it, pained her a little. She just again nodded her head and headed towards Draupadi's chamber.

"Yashoda Nandan Krishna's little sister is asking for a glance of Maharani" A maid said standing bowed down before Draupadi. "Why don't you say that the wife of the best archer of the whole Aryavrat is ordering for my visit?" Draupadi said with anger in her voice. "She told me to give this identity of her's to you" The maid informed. Draupadi showed her palm, indicating her to leave.

She decided to come out and saw Subhadra waiting for her while biting her nails. As soon as she saw Draupadi she came quickly towards her and bowed down to touch her feet, but Draupadi moved back made Subhadra's face fell once again. She stood up and joined her palms showing her respect by that only.

"What did your order for me Maharani?" Draupadi asked with her commanding voice. Subhadra looked at her in surprised "No. No, Maharani. Why are you calling me that, you're the only person deserve to be that. I'm just a maid of yours'. I just want to serve you for my whole life." She explained, looking down.

"Why will you serve me after all you're the youngest wife of Rajkumar Arjun. He loves you more than anything" She said and Subhadra wanted to laugh at the irony. Draupadi refering to the person who asked Subhadra to be the maid of his first wife. Irony indeed.