HE'S STILL ALIVE

Third Person's POV:

                                        It started off with a simple, "Shaheer's not dead, I know it!" And they never really paid much worry to it.

It was natural, was it not?

Being in denial was nothing short from normal. "No he’s not Veebha, Shaheer died." They knew it was harsh, just to lay it all out straight like that.

Veebha still refused to believe that Shaheer was dead. "I know he's not dead, I just know it!" She had repeatedly mumbled under her breath.

Was it not obvious to the rest? Shaheer was not dead.

Case closed.

"She refuses to believe Shaheer's dead." Saurabh said looking down at cup of tea in his hands.

The warm liquid let out a puff of smoke, "It's been over two years." He added still not looking up.

He already knew what he would see, Aham's soft brown eyes with a sad gleam to them, Pooja's black eyes looking harsh and filled with regret.

He had seen those looks to many times before. "There's nothing we could....." Pooja was caught off.

"Nothing we could do? Don't you get it? It's been over two years since the accident. Yet Veebha still believes Shaheer is alive. She's been talking to the air thinking Shaheer is next to her. She doesn't go to bed without taking a cup of water to her bedroom because she still believes Shaheer will wake up in the middle of the night thirsty as hell!" Aham had exploded by now.

His usual calm expression was replaced with one of anger.

The other two remained silent, Saurabh's eyes went back down to the ground, "I.....I….. You're right. I mean maybe we can help her but like what can we do to help her?" Saurabh asked. Pooja had remained silent for the next couple of minutes.

Silent giggles escaped a certain small brunette, she was dressed in shorts and a white t-shirt that once belonged to Shaheer.

"You're so cheesy, Heer." Her voice was laced with sleepiness as if she had just woken up, that was true.

Veebha walked into the kitchen with a big smile on her face, when she saw all of her three best friends, her black eyes brightened.

"Morning friends!" She said and went to sit next to Saurabh.

"Morning Vee!" Saurabh said quietly, he set his cup down which Veebha took immediately.

"Good morning Vee!" Aham said smiling at the small brunette with a pitying expression on his face.

Pooja just smiled at the brunette and pulled her into a hug. Veebha laughed a little.

"Finally you're awake. I was about to go up to your room and wake you up myself." Pooja said making Veebha laughed again.

"You know Shaheer wouldn't like that." Veebha said in between laughs, all other three tensed once again.

"Wh..... what?"

"You know how Shaheer doesn’t like to be woken up." Veebha said a confused expression on her face.

"Ve..... Veebha, Shaheer's dead." There she went again. Pooja's voice had not quivered at all.

Her face was a mask and her black eyes showed no emotion.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Poo." Veebha said, a frown on her face.

"You know Poo's just pulling your leg Vee." Aham said and put a cup of tea in front of Veebha.

Pooja and Saurabh turned to the brown eyed, shooting glared to Aham.

"I know, come on Heer, let's go back to bed."

Veebha got off of the chair and walked out of the small kitchen.

"I thought we were going to help her get better, not make her worse." Pooja hissed.

"I'm sorry."

"Shaheer aren't you pumped up for your interview tomorrow?"

"I'm so excited babe! Can't wait to see all those fans just screaming my names."

Veebha looked at Shaheer before smiling and holding his hand. Veebha loved this, having Shaheer all to herself without any interruptions.

"She's doing it again." Pooja glanced back at Saurabh who had his eyes stuck on the small girl who seemed to be talking to thin air.

With one more glanced back at the laughing brunette, Pooja closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "There is nothing..... nothing we can do about it."

"Baby what’s wrong?" Veebha turned to look at Shaheer who had been running his long fingers through Veebha's hair.

"Nothing." The girl said all to quickly,

"You're such a bad liar, just tell me."

"Fine, so Pooja's joke in the morning just kind of… Never mind it's stupid."

"No, no nothing you say is stupid. Just tell me." Shaheer said again cracking a one sided grin that always made Veebha's heart flutter.

"The joke she made just kind of bothered me....." Shaheer cut her off pressing his lips on Veebha's.

"Baby, if you remembered, I promised you that I would never leave you, that I'd be here with you forever. And I'm planning on keeping my promise."

A small reassurance was enough to make Veebha's heart melt with happiness.

Shaheer was still alive, no matter what happened. He promised Veebha he would never leave her.

And Shaheer never broke his promises.

------------------------------x------------------------------

Let me know how's the one shot. Do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading :)

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻