10: Wake Up Call

KarinaRekall's Back Alley | 09:00 PM

Karina
Rekall's Back Alley | 09:00 PM

Wyatt lay on the cold, damp ground, clutching her stomach where Ning's bullet had struck her. Blood seeped, staining the ground beneath.

The moment Ning fired that shot, it was as if the hornet's nest had been disturbed.

Bullets started whizzing past us from out of nowhere but the masked agents who had captured me reacted with lightning speed. They moved with a practiced grace covering for me, ducking behind crates, and taking aim at the unseen assailants.

Ning rushed back towards us, "Get in the car!" she yelled. Her command was punctuated by the metallic clang of a bullet striking the metal car door, sending sparks flying.

I wasted no time. The agents and I sprinted toward the black sedan parked nearby. The adrenaline coursing through my veins made my limbs feel weightless as I threw open the car door and slid into the back seat. Ning hopped in the driver's seat, while the other two guys settled in sandwiching me.

Kosmo cars are bulletproof which gave us a few minutes of safety. But our fate depends on how many shots they will fire at us. I checked the digital display on the car's dashboard, indicating that the car's bulletproof armor was at 92%.

The deafening roar of gunfire filled the confined space but Ning's eyes were locked on the road ahead as she expertly kept our vehicle on course.

Surrounding us were motorcycle riders, their helmets concealing their faces as they unleashed a relentless barrage of bullets in our direction. We were pinned down, with no obvious escape route in sight.

The car window was on the brink of cracking, its integrity dwindling to just 60%

"So... any ideas?" Ning's voice was laced with urgency and a hint of desperation.

"I'm thinking," I replied, my gaze fixed on the incessant barrage of bullets that danced perilously to our car. But we were stuck, "Still thinking."

Amidst the chaos, Ning's phone rang. She glanced at the caller ID, her face tense. "I thought you blocked me?" she muttered, answering the call. "We're being shot at. I'm with Agent Yu. Any Kwangya entrance I can use? Sending you my coordinates." She listened briefly, then hung up and shifted her focus back to the situation at hand.