18: Kwangya

A week before the mission in Spain(Karina, Jennie, and Wyatt POV in chapter 10)Autumn

(Karina, Jennie, and Wyatt POV in chapter 10)
Autumn

Autumn's escape from the mansion was a daring gambit, leaving behind her naevis training jacket as she vanished into the night. She was certain that Karina and Ning remained oblivious to anything she left behind because it was too dark. Every step she took sent painful reminders of her injuries coursing through her body, and she couldn't help but curse under her breath.

"Fuck," she whispered, her breath quickening as she sprinted through the shadows, clutching her mask away from her face. After what felt like an eternity, she allowed herself to gulp in a much-needed lungful of air.

She eventually found her car under a tree in the dark, glimpsing the full moon shining generously. Autumn leaned against her vehicle, panting, the pain throbbing in her body slowly subsiding. She knew she had underestimated Karina and Ning's combat skills, a miscalculation that almost cost her everything.

She had no intention of fighting, she was only there to warn them that there were naevises in the Kosmo mansion.

A mere couple of hours earlier, she had been indulging in some seriously lavish relaxation in her spacious apartment, watching Single's Inferno while clad in nothing more than her underwear.

Her luxurious abode concealed a secret corner where a cluster of monitors flickered to life, each displaying a different facet of her double life. Monitors tracked the movements of agents from Kosmo and Black Mamba, with dedicated screens for her superiors: Wyatt, Karina, Ning, and Agent Cho as the head of the naevises in South Korea.

Kwangya, Black Mamba's virtual city, isn't just a front for their illicit activities. It's a powerful tool, capable of tapping into cameras worldwide. This virtual metropolis serves as a watchful eye, infiltrating laptops, CCTV systems, and countless other cameras across the globe. Thanks to Autumn and Director Yu's strategic efforts to gain Black Mamba's trust, they now wield control over this expansive surveillance network.

Autumn, in essence, becomes the omnipresent Big Brother. Her domain? The entire country, where she can observe and monitor with unprecedented reach and power.

Her primary mission: reproduce Kwangya and transfer it to Kosmo, following Director Yu's orders. Once this task is accomplished, her next objective is to eradicate the Black Mamba database and eliminate Wyatt, a.k.a. Winter. Given that Winter is her partner and aware of her identity, wiping her out becomes necessary.

Casually sauntering through her plush hideaway before going to the Kosmo mansion, Autumn's attention took an abrupt detour when she spotted Ning's car stranded in a tight spot on the road while a bunch of naevises surrounded them. Without a second thought, her nimble fingers danced across the keyboard, uncovering a full-blown shootout near Rekall.

Panic laced with determination surged through her veins. She wasted no time in dialing Ning's number, only to discover they were stuck in the middle of a roadblock. The only way out was for her to lead them to a Kwangya branch - Synk Cafe.