CHAPTER THREE

Ashley

I barely could get up today, I had so much to drink that I was feeling nauseos.
After taking some pills for my headache I get dressed for work.

The strange thing is that I don't remeber anything from last night but I feel strange

The strange thing is that I don't remeber anything from last night but I feel strange... Like i am waiting for something.

*************

"Mrs. Blaize I have the other  papers you asked me"

"Oh yes, thanks Camilla you can go now" I dismiss her and I start looking at the papers I had to sign,again.

***************

I was in my bedroom reading my book when I hear Mathew calling my name.

"Ashley! Where are you?"

I exited the room and got downstairs.

"Hey Math, i'm here. What's up?"I asked him.

"Oh we have a dinner with the Gambles. So go get ready"
He says while adjusting his shirt.

"Wait what!? Since when did we become friends with them? They're enemies so why should we have dinner together?" I asked in shock.

I can't just believe what is happening, dad would never accept to just talk with them without thinking about the rivarly, let alone have dinner.

"Listen I don't know anything too, but dad said that they might have found a way to get   family ties so go ask him if you wanna know more."
He says looking annoyed.

"Ugh, can I come in sweatpants and a hoodie?"
I fire back trying to get on his nerves.

"Ashley go wear something formal, you aren't going to the gym you dumb girl"

"YoU aReN't GoInG tO tHe GyM blah blah blah"
I say pouting like a baby.

I do my hair and make up and go to the closet to get a dress.

Suddenly i remember the dress Abigayl gifted me for my 19th birthday that I never wore because it was big at that time. I try it on and...
wow! It fits me perfectly! I put
On some black heels and the result is super.

wow! It fits me perfectly! I putOn some black heels and the result is super

*************

I asked dad many times what was his plan but he would always dodge the question.

Strange, he never does it...

Then before we could arrive at their mansion dad stops the car and looks at us especially me with a hurt look in his eyes.
Jamie is the first one to ask him what's going on.

"Listen boys, don't get mad, and you Ashley please just try to accept the thing i'm gonna say as it is." He say trying to convince us.

"Okay dad just tell us what's the problem" I say trying to reassure him that every thing will go ok.

"Uhm- I talked with Luciano the other day and we discussed for a way to stop the rivalry, since only our predecessors know why we are enemies. So we arrived at the conclusion of an arranged marriage between his second son and you, Ashley."

I am shocked. I can't believe dad just got me in an arranged marriage with someone i don't even know.
He knows that marriage for me is a delicate topic and I want to get married to a man I deeply love and will die beside him.

"Dad what the fuck!? You know how much Ash hates arranged marriages!
Theres no fucking way we'll let that happen!" Mathew said hoping that he would change idea and cancel everything.

"I hate this as much as you hate it but try to cooperate with it. I can't cancel everything just now. And we have already chosen the date and everything else. I'm deeply sorry my baby.
I know how much it hurts but you know, me and your mom were in arranged marriage too, but we end up falling in love and got 4 children we are  absolutely proud of.
So who knows,maybe he's the right one, just think about it positively." He says with a sweet tone trying to comfort me.

What should I do?

Should I just fuck every thing up and not accept the thing.

No... i'm doing it only because of my father.

But there's no chance that i'll fall in love with whoever the man is.

************

We were currently in the living room talking with my soon-to-be husband's sister and brother.

Iris, my sister in law i should admit is very friendly and mature for her age. She's only 18 but she knows what she wants in her life and is very determined. Like me.

Lorenzo,the brother in law is not bad too. He acts like my brothers. Yeah, another  protective sibling too.

Amelia and Luciano are very friendly too.
Now i'm wondering why we were enemies.

Well, even if his family is friendly  i can't be sure if he'll be like that also.

By now he should be here to meet his soon-to-be wife, but no. He's somewhere apparently more important and this is already a bad sign.

*************

After we had dinner i headed to Iris room so we could talk about girls stuff alone.

"Okay Ash, if that dickhead of my brother won't come in five minutes i'm gonna chop his thing and shove it up his ass.
How can he not come to such a important thing.
We're talking about his marriage too. Sorry for that stupid boy's  attitude"
She says while messaging to someone, I think to him.

"Ohh, don't worry sweetie it's okay" I reply reassuring her.

Actually it's not okay but like I said before, i'm doing it for dad. And who cares if he doesn't love me. I love his family.

After we talked about random stuff someone knocks on the door.

"Come" yells Iris and Amelia enters telling us  to come down because he arrived.

We were walking down the stairs when I see a man greeting my dad.

"Oh here you are Ashley, he's Axel, the man you'll be marrying." Luciano explains to me and he looks at me with a strange gaze and kisses my hand.

"Hello Ashley i'm sorry i couldn't come before, but I had some urgent work to get done."

Yeah,whatever.

"So James like we already decided the date of the wedding will be next week in Italy so we will leave the day after tomorrow." Says Luciano  shaking my dad's hand.

We say hello to eachother and I get Iris and Amelia's numbers so we can keep in touch.

**************

I am reading my book but I feel too tired so I decide to go sleep.

Word count:1080

Comment
&
Vote
Lory🥀