CHAPTER NINE

Axel

"What's up man?" Says Lorenzo looking at me with an eyebrow up.

"Ashley called me. She explained the way to make her escape. And for that we need some men." I say and Iris gasps.

"Wait a moment. Ash called you? And how could she do it? Tha motherfucker of Nicolas and Max won't let her escape that easily" She says with a interrogatory look.

"A girl and his brother are helping us." I respond and they nod.

**********************

Ashley

I can't wait to get out of here. But at the same time I want to slowly die. I've been trying to not get out of mind on the fact that I lost my baby.
I may look like it didn't affect much but I died the moment Laurie said the child couldn't make it.

How am I going to tell Axel about this now... Is he gonna get angry about it?Does he even really care about me?
I know my worth and value but now I just can't anymore.
I just want to have someone I can rely on times like this.
I need my 'safety blanket'.

I didn't realize morning had come when I heard gunshot and screams.

Then the door got opened slowly and Laurie got in searching with her eyes for me. She gave me a little smile and Axel came in.

I didn't know I missed him so much. I didn't know I would've  ever like a man like him.

He comes towards me slowly staring at me, like he can comprehend the pain I was enduring all this time.

He gently caresses my cheek whispering in my left ear.
"Let's go home" then he breaks the chains that were around me  and I immediately  feel better. I wasn't stuck in that damned chair anymore.

He gives me his jacket and we go towards the exit where Laurie and her brother where waiting us.

Blood, every guard was shot in their heads and the building was full of their blood.
I would be really satisfyed with this view but now it's different. I want to see that Nicolas blood.
I want him shot in the head.

*******************

We were flying back home. Laurie and Gabriel,the brother helped us escape from that building and Russia safely. She told me that Nicolas believed her and he got really mad at the dead guards incompetency.

Actually Laurie was the girl I bumped into that night into the party...

I was lost in my thoughts when Axel knocked me back in reality.

"Hey Ashley... How do you feel?"he said looking at me with an actually caring look. No Ashley you can't just fall in love like this... Not with this mistake.

"I'm good, apart the fact that I lost the baby and I wanna jump off a cliff i'm good. " I say and look at the table in front of me.

"Listen I don't know what happened while i wasn't there with you but why are you being so distant? It's not your fault if... that happened?" He says forcing me to look at him.

"Stop acting like this. It's not good for you and for our relationship!" He says raising his voice a little.

"It's not your business to tell me what I should do Axel! You don't have the minimal idea of what I am feeling right now! You know nothing so let me be!" I yell and slap him.

"Fuck this shit of relationship! Maybe we could even end up together but this is going to be too toxic for me! I can't anymoreee!" I burst into crying.

"Ohhh so that's how you put things,huh? I was trying to let things work between us but since you prefer being alone then I'm finding someone else Ashley!" He yells at my face and gets up.

"I couldn't protect even the child i had in my belly,why god,why in the fucking world do i deserve this!" I yell curling myself into the seat i was on.
Then slowly I fall asleep trying to push away my thoughts.

**********************

"Enter" the cold voice responds and I open the door seeing Axel writing on some papers.

"What do you want?" He responds with the usual cold tone.

"I'm moving with my friends,  i mean the girls. I need to relax after all the things that happened lately. After a month or two i'm returning." I say and he looks at me with surprise before covering it with his soulles face.

"Fine. When are you moving?"

"Tomorrow morning probably." I say and he nods.

I then head to the door to start packing my things.

"I-" he says and I stop looking at him.

"What did you want to tell me?" I ask with and interrogatory look.

"Nothing, just go now" he says sighing.

I go up the stairs and Camilla calls me.

"Hey mrs. Gamble. How are you doing now?" She says stuttering a little.

"Hey dear, i'm better now." I respond.

"I'm really really sorry that I couldn't protect you. I didn't know that Caddel was in. I truly am sorry for everything mrs.Gamble!" She says, my god... i can't with this girl being so much caring for me even when I treat her and everyone else like shit most of the times.

"Camilla you didn't do anything wrong. He had dangerous people on his side helping him that we couldn't predict so you don't have to apologise." I say and after getting updated on the things going on with the company we end the call.

**********************

After packing most of the things up i shower and put my nightwear on.

It didn't take much to fall asleep with the sound of the rain.

Word  count: 966

Comment
&
Vote
🥀Lory🥀