Chapter 6

After School

Lexus paced back and forth in the mansion's luxurious living room. His phone was clutched tightly in his hand, and a furrowed brow revealed his growing anxiety. He had been trying to contact Elizabeth. Elizabeth used to reply to Lexus' message when the school starts or the school ends even during lunch, 'Hey, I'm already in my room.' But his phone remained unanswered.

He had left several voicemail messages, each growing more desperate. "Elizabeth, where are you? Please, answer your phone. I'm worried."

Minutes turned into an agonizing eternity as he stared at his phone, waiting for any sign of life from Elizabeth. But there was nothing.

Unable to contain his unease any longer, Lexus decided to take matters into his own hands. He had to find out what happened to her. With a determined expression, he left the mansion and sped back to Lazarina International School.

At the school's entrance, he was greeted by a flurry of students and teachers, each unaware of Elizabeth's whereabouts. Lexus approached the school authorities, his voice laced with urgency.

"Have you seen Elizabeth?" he asked, his eyes scanning the area for any sign of her.

The principal, a stern-looking man with graying hair, furrowed his brows. "I haven't seen her since school ended. Is something wrong?"

Lexus nodded. "Her phone is here, but she's nowhere to be found. I need to find her."

Together with school security, they combed the garden area and other parts of the school. Lexus's heart pounded in his chest as he called out her name repeatedly, "ELIZABETH!" but there was no response. The school had announced Elizabeth's disappearance too. 

Finally, he spotted a familiar pink bag and some scattered papers beneath a tree. Rushing over, he recognized them as Elizabeth's belongings.

"What happened here?" he muttered to himself, picking up her things and scanning the area. There was no sign of Elizabeth anywhere.

Lexus's frustration grew as he realized that Elizabeth was really missing, and he had no idea where to find her. He clenched his fists, determined to uncover the mystery behind her sudden disappearance.

As Lexus scoured the school grounds for any trace of Elizabeth, his heart continued to race with worry. 

Mrs. Nash had also been frantically trying to contact her daughter, her tearful voice pleading with anyone who could provide information.

"Mrs. Nash, I have seen her things there." He told her. 

Mrs. Nash arrived at the scene. Her face was etched with panic, and she immediately started blaming everyone, including Lexus, for Elizabeth's disappearance. She made phone call after phone call, tears streaming down her cheeks as she pleaded for any information.

Tensions soared as Mrs. Nash's accusations grew more frantic. Lexus felt the weight of the situation, helpless in the face of a mother's desperate fear. He wished there was something he could do to ease the torment in Mrs. Nash's voice.

Lexus watched as Mrs. Nash spoke with her numerous connections, each call bringing more desperation to her voice. She seemed to be accusing everyone, including Lexus, of being responsible for Elizabeth's disappearance. The tension in the air was palpable, and Lexus felt helpless in the face of Mrs. Nash's anguish.

Then, out of nowhere, Elizabeth appeared. 

She clapped her hands sarcastically, drawing everyone's attention. The relief on Mrs. Nash's face was evident, but it quickly turned to shock and anger as Elizabeth began to speak.

"So, you're acting like a mother now?" Elizabeth's voice was dripping with sarcasm as she addressed Mrs. Nash. "You think I didn't know that you were planning to sell me? That's why you gave me a bodyguard? How dare you try to control my life!"

Mrs. Nash's eyes roamed the surroundings. Everyone's watching her while Elizabeth was insulting her. She closed her fists firmly. 

"Elizabeth, stop joking around! Can't you see what you did? You had made everyone worried about you! Why do you have to always play victim, huh?" People started whispering. 

"Play victim?" Elizabeth emphasized it. "Really?" She sarcastically smiled to Mrs. Nash. "Really, my so-called mother who planned to kill my dad? The number 1 suspect of the--" 

"Elizabeth, just stop it..." Lexus' voice slowly faded as he looked into her eyes. Then he scanned her wrists and knees with concern, noticing the small scratches and wounds. She seemed like she had tripped.

"Ha! My mother's dog..." She smirked. She turned around as she put her arms around, just below her chest and walked out. Mrs. Nash heaved a long sigh and signaled Lexus to follow her. Lexus then, bowed his head and complied.

Lexus couldn't help but wonder about the truth behind Elizabeth's accusations and what had truly led to this tense and emotional moment. 'I know there's something wrong. Mrs. Nash's eyes were full of mystery. She's a brainy person but she cannot hide her hidden intention. What's with you Mrs. Nash?' Lexus thought. 

Suddenly, Elizabeth tripped again on the ground. "Aw..." Elizabeth reacted, and Lexus was about to guide her, but he stopped and looked at Elizabeth's shoes. She wasn't wearing the same shoes she had in the morning.

Elizabeth stood up on her own and shot Lexus a murderous look, trying to convey that she wasn't happy he didn't help her up. "Always been useless," she muttered and marched on.

"You never had any shoes like that," Lexus remarked as Elizabeth stopped walking. "And I never saw any money coming out of any of your bank accounts to buy those shoes. Considering they're limited edition and can only be bought by one person, you must have a mysterious man behind your back."

Elizabeth's mouth opened in shock. Lexus snatched her wrist, and she couldn't think of anything to say. She was just stunned by Lexus' analysis. Lexus's breathing was heavy. 

"Who did this to you, Elizabeth?" He asked, looking at her intensely.

"No, no one," Elizabeth stammered, shaking.

"Who kidnapped you?" Lexus' eyes turned into a beast. He knew she was lying, knew something was wrong, and suspected she had been kidnapped.