Chapter 2

Lexus' POV

I have never studied like an ordinary child because I am no ordinary child. I have assassin parents, so what do you expect? Threats surround the people around us. We trust no one.

Mom taught me school lessons, read books to me, and then did self-study afterward.

My skills developed because of my parents. We began our training when I was 4 years old, including assembling various types of guns, practicing shooting positions (both long-range and short-range targets), working on controlled breathing, assassinating people, and more.

They treated me as if I were not their son. I became a monster, a CALM monster. Being offensive is better than being defensive. That is their principle of fighting.

My father came near me and put his hand on my shoulder while smiling.

"Okay... Your first task is to protect her," he said as he handed me a picture. I looked at it. She is beautiful, but I can see in her eyes how brutal she is. Brutal, is that the right term? I hope not.

"She is Elizabeth Evelyn, an heiress of L & G model company. They are hiring new bodyguards, and I want you to take that opportunity."

"Dad, I thought I was supposed to have tasks like yours—killing people and targeting big bosses who steal money from others and kill for power. But what's the connection? Her? Am I going to protect this model?

I think you're not yet ready for your first task," he said as he snatched the picture from my hand and turned his back to me.

"Oh come on, Dad, that's an easy task. I can't accept that. Protecting her is boring. I don't want to be a bodyguard for a model."

He looked at me without any expression, just blank--blank face. 

I gasped.

"Okay, okay! Fine! I'll take it." I stepped forward and  took the picture then I scanned it with my eyes.

"Your task won't be that easy, so expect to have a long journey with her."

I smirked, boasting that I could handle the task easily. "Trust me," I assured him, but he smiled back like he wasn't convinced. "What?" My eyebrows met. He inhaled deeply and just shrugged his shoulder with a smirk, once again. 

I shook my head out of disappointment. My dad didn't trust me that much with an EASY TASK. TSK!

But that was a big mistake. I thought I could easily handle her, but it was a big NO! NO!

I was sitting on a rocking chair, reading a newspaper, when Elizabeth woke up, pinching her temple. Her eyes were trying to tolerate the bright light coming from the sun through the window.

I had swayed the curtain a while ago so I could wake her up. It was already 6 a.m., and yet she hadn't started getting ready. Truly, she was an unpredictable woman.

She rose and looked at me, her eyebrows curled, her expression confused. "Excuse me? Who. The. Hell. Are. You?" She said each word in a serious yet cold tone at the same time.

I folded the newspaper and set it aside.

Her eyes widened, and then her eyebrows met. She was still blank, trying to figure out what had happened the night before.

I stood up and bowed my head as a respect to her.

She messed up her hair and shouted, "Argh! DAMN IT! I can't remember!" She's crazy. 

"You can drink the medicine and water on your side table, Madame," I told her without a single glaze. I just let my head down. 

I can hear her footsteps, moving quickly towards me. And there's a sudden... I caught her wrist. She underestimated my instinct. She taught, she can slap me because I wasn't looking in her direction. But, she's wrong. 

We glanced at each other's eyes. She is eyeing me murderously "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!"

Then she is going to slap me with her other hand but I took it again. She really has a slow hand.

"Take your hands off of me!" She kept trying to free her hands, but I was too strong.

Then came the drama. "OUCH!" Her voice cracked. She was on the verge of tears. "I SAID STOP HARASSING ME!" She burst into tears. F*ck!

I loosened my grip, but she laughed quietly and quickly tried to raise her hands, perhaps to hit me. However, I was fast to grab both of her hands again. She was too close, and her body collapsed onto mine. I didn't notice my balance.

Then...

BLAG!

We lost our balance.

"Oh my goodness, Elizabeth!" I looked up to see a familiar voice.

"Sht..." I whispered. I glared at Elizabeth again, who was covering her face with my suit... and... smelling me? Fck. What is she doing? "Elizabeth!" I moved my body to wake her up. What the hell is she doing?

She nervously moved up. She was shocked. I did too. She bit her lower lip. I stood up.

I bowed my head to Mrs. Nash. Mrs. Nash glanced at me and then at Elizabeth. Elizabeth frowned. She already knew that she would be blamed here. "W-wait... Not me," Elizabeth reasoned as she glared at me as if she were killing me in her head.

"Ha! Can't believe you, Elizabeth. What are you doing to him!" Mrs. Nash shouted.

Elizabeth's mouth formed an 'O'. She couldn't believe that her mother was blaming her.

"No! I never did anything. I am just defending myself from him!" She said and pointed her finger at me. "He tried to fight me back."

"Mr. Lexus?"

"Mrs. Nash, I never dared to fight her back. This is my first day," I said.

"HA! What do you mean, the first day?" Elizabeth interrupted.

"And correction, she's not defending, but she was attacking me without any reason," I explained.

"So you're telling me that I am lying?!" She shouted.

My ears hurt; her voice echoed in my ears.

Mrs. Nash just shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I think that is a good introduction." We looked confusingly at Mrs. Nash. "Welcome to Evelyn's World, Mr. Lexus, Elizabeth's new personal bodyguard." She smirked.

"WHAT?!" Elizabeth exclaimed again. My ears hurt. I pressed my ear to cover the hole. F*ck. I think I'm going to lose my listening skill after this task.

Mrs. Nash tapped my shoulder. "Lexus, I trust you." I bowed my head again.

"NO! NO WAY!" She marched out of the room. Mrs. Nash nodded at me sheepishly.

"Follow her..." Mrs. Nash commanded. I vowed my head first before walking away. I mean, I am about to walk away when Mrs. Nash said something again. "By the way, you don't need to bow down your head. That's so weird." I gulped hard. Oops... I think watching Asian historical fiction influenced me a lot.

I followed Elizabeth. She faced me. "Stop. Following. Me. Mr. Maniac!" She is so pissed off at me. Do you think I'm not too? Damn. You're a hard-headed woman.

I just shut my mouth and looked at her. She stopped in front of me and pointed her index finger in my face again, insulting me once more.

"You are the 32nd bodyguard who has experienced hell at my hands. If you really think you can tame me, you are wrong."

She moved her chin up and showed me a smirk but quickly changed her expression into a serious and firm one.

"You can never tame Elizabeth Evil-lyn."